SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Anita Peters" <>
Subject: [S-H-RTS] German Surnames
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:56:23 -0700

Last week I wrote that I had 60 -70 pages of copies of church records from Germany. I should say that they are mostly from the church districts of Breitenberg, Barmstedt, Horst, Grossenaspe and Honerkirchen. Although are are many surnames the most common are Griess, Gottsche, Twisselmann, Tietgen, Grelcke, Glissmann, Sass, Sommer, Krohn, Kordts, Kuhl, Kopke, Kruse, Kroger, Pingel, Pump, Kohnke, Kelting, Plutz, Rehder,
Wobcke, Stut, Mohr, Rubck, Lohmann, Lose, Brandemann, Bornholtz, Boge, Dau, Zornig, Schuldt. There are others but these are the most common.

Anita Schultz-Peters
California

This thread: