SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Karin Herd" <>
Subject: Re: [S-H-RTS] grandparents from Kiel, Germany
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:02:52 -0500

Hi,

I have many PREHN's in my family tree. They were not from Kiel, but from
Wilster, not too far away. The PREHN's in my family are on my godfather's
side. His great grandfather was August Johann Friederick Prehn born March
19, 1863 in Wilster. His son was Rudolph Prehn, born June 20, 1893. It is
possible that there is a connection as I pretty much only have my
godfather's direct ancestry line. I do not yet know of siblings. Contact
me if you'd like further information or if you have more information that
might match mine.

The name PREHN was also spelled Prähn & Prein (further back) August Johann
Friederick Prehn was the first one to spell it PREHN.

Karin in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Searching for ancestors in Schleswig-Holstein:
AUGUSTIN
BAADE / BADE
BRAMMER
CARSTENSEN