SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: Karla Nurnberg <>
Subject: [S-H-RTS] RE: WAPPENBUCH
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:29:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
If anyone is still interested in their surnames,
please contact me and I will send you the information.

Several years ago I had the opportunity to hear the
archivist from the Danish Emigration Archives in
Aalborg speak. He told us that many emigrants had
their photos taken before they left, so that they
could leave this little remembrance with their loved
ones back home. His archives has a collection of many
of these photos. My question is there an archives in
Schleswig-Holstein with a similar collection of photos
of emigrants? I am trying to find photos of
great-aunts and great-uncles, who left from the port
of Hamburg.
Thank you.
Karla Nurnberg