SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "Joyce Wright" <>
Subject: [S-H-RTS] Jacobsen <father's surname
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 16:44:23 -0500

Hello,
I need help finding my 3rd grtgrd-father.
John JACOBSEN/son was my first grandparent to arrive in this country from
Esperstoft , Schleswig-Holstein, by way of Hamburg, Germany.
I know that John was born 15th September 1798. As of yet,
I haven't been able to find anyone related to him. I did find a
Henry G. JACOBSEN listed in the 1850 Baltimore City, MD area.
He also being born in Denmark ca 1797.

1. HOW do I find this needle in the haystack? Any suggestions?

2. Was Schleswig-Holstein area known as 'Denmark' at that time?
Grdfather said he was Danish. Also John's first child is named
Henry G. Jacobsen/ son .
stories are that John and others went to Baltimore several times;
on business or to visit, reason unknown.

hope someone can help me.
thanks
jaw

This thread: