SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: Kaare Seeberg Sidselrud <>
Subject: Re: [S-H-RTS] Seeberg
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 22:19:26 +0200

Dear Ute & Wolfgang,

I am impressed with the work you have done answering questions from
fellow listers, and assume that you probably are overloaded with
questions right now.

I do, however, have some questions for you. I'm trying to find a
connection between my Seeberg-ancestors in Norway and the family
tradition of an immigration from northern Germany. I've found three
places by the name of Seeberg in Schleswig-Holstein, in todays Plön,
Rensburg-Eckernförde and Schleswig-Flensburg. Does your topography
book cover any of these places, and is there anyone who would care to
come with a guess on what would be the most likely connection for a
merchant family? Someone has also mentioned Segeberg as a possibility.

I realize that you of course cannot answer all these questions at the
same time, but I would appreciate any information you could give -
and please take whatever time needed. I'll wait patiently.

Finally a bit of information to listers from "overseas" ;-) -
remember that a lot of families in Norway have ancestors from
Schleswig-Holstein, often dating back to the early 17th century.

Regards from

Kaare Seeberg Sidselrud
Oslo, Norway

>The source of this information is:
>Johannes von Schröder,
>Topographie des Herzogtums Schleswigs 1854
>
>Best regards
>
>Ute&Wolfgang

Kaare Seeberg Sidselrud, Solbergliveien 87 B, N-0683 OSLO, NORWAY
tel (home) +47 22 26 85 99 or +47 90 84 59 55
tel (work) +47 22 67 23 83 or fax +47 22 67 10 65
e-mail:

This thread: