SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: Barbara Petura <>
Subject: [SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS] Tyskland
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:28:10 -0700 (PDT)

Oryl,
When you search for Tyskland in Google, up come some pages in German -- and if you use the translate feature you see that the term Tyskland seems to be translated as Germany. I have never seen the term before, but if some of your family emigrated from Germany, that would be a reasonable conclusion.
For example, here is a Web site with that word in the URL:
http://www.tyskland-info.com/index_portal.html
and when you visit it says Welcome to Germany.
Best wishes,
Barbara