SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: John Christie <>
Subject: [SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS] Fehmarn RUSSAU/ROSSAU/ROSAN, GUNNARSON,Anna & Jakob WULF
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 13:56:46 +1100

I am new to the list. I am not (so far) a serious genealogy
researcher. I am a descendant of Ferdinand ROSSAU who left Fehmarn in
1860 or 61 age around 20 and was complicit in a series of clerical
errors which changed his name to ROSAN in Australia. (He was crew on a
Dutch East India ship, and jumped ship in Melbourne. Spent much of his
life fearful of consequences if the company, not renowned for its
mercy, caught up with him).
Interested in contacting any descendants of his siblings Matthåus
RUSSAU died 1912 in Iowa or Minnesota, Catharine GUNNARSON was living
in Gladbrook Iowa in 1914, or Anna (wife of Jakob) WULF living in Burg
auf Fehmarn in 1914. Wulf does appear to have been rather a common
surname on Fehmarn.
My preferred language is English. Ich kann etwa Deutsch lesen und
sprechen, aber nicht wohl schreiben.

This thread: