SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-ROOTS-L Archives

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: Suche für einen Freund nach Familie Lorenzen/Petersen aus Nieblum
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 19:05:25 -0000

Author: monikawoesner
Surnames: Lorenzen
Classification: immigration

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.ceeurope.germany.schleswig.general/6343.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Linda,
I wished I had your phone number. I would have called you in a jiffy.
I had posted the request this afternoon and.. wow - we hit it.
Our friends are so excited you can't believe it.
I called them right away and they just wrote back. It is his grandma!!!
They have been searching for this information for 10 years and I got it in... 2 days, actually in an afternoon. Thanks to you. Don said I should be a detective.
Glad that I could spare a minute at work and joined ancestry.de.
----
How come you were able to read it right away? Is it a hobby of yours?
Do you eventually have the passengers list, or would you know where to get it? I#ll try to contact the shipping company.
And do you know when the ship had arrived in New York?
I had checked Ellis Island and couldn't find it.
-------
Imagine his grandma was born in 1894 and emigrated all by herself at that age (17). Without words.
My husband and I had emigrated to Canada in 1970 and we stayed 3 years (wanted to stay 1 year-he is a cook) and I was homesick, so we returned. But in the earlier days, they had to have guts and more.

I can't tell you how grateful Don is. They live in Lake Havasu City, where we have a condo since one year and many many nice friends who were helping us. I am happy I could help too.

I should tell you many many thanks.

Regards
Monika

Important Note: