SCHOLES-L Archives

Archiver > SCHOLES > 2000-03 > 0953819733

From: <>
Subject: RE: Scholes of Bury/Manchester
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:55:33 -0000

Hello John, Glennys & all.
My mum is a SCHOLES from Manchester.
I don't recognize any of your SCHOLES from Manchester, but the locations are
similar to my family.
Here's a copy of my posting several weeks ago where I outlined where I am up
to :-
**********************************

James Scholes, c23/1/1831, Manchester Cathedral, Lancashire.
He married Mary Hardwick and proceded to have at least 10 children.
The family lived in Garden Street, Ardwick in 1861 when Sarah Ann was born
and later on at 41 Bennet St, Ardwick in 1881.
His father was called Samuel and I think his mum was called Mary Ann.

I have found a Samuel Scholes marrying Mary Ann Sheldrick in Prestwich,
Manchester on 12-Aug-1827 and am looking to find if this is in fact the
parents of my James.

Looking on IGI (for children born/christened to "Samuel Scholes" & "Mary
Ann"), I see the following :-

william (1829), james (1831), eliza (1833), elizabeth (1834), amelia (1836),
alice (1838), samuel (1840), sarah ann (1843) and elizabeth ann (1846). All
christened at the cathedral in Manchester.

I hope there is a connection somewhere, it's just finding it.

Steve

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views
or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Barclays Group.

This thread: