SCLAUREN-L Archives

Archiver > SCLAUREN > 2007-10 > 1191708096

From: "Sandy Coulter" <>
Subject: Re: [SCLAUREN] SCLAUREN Digest, Vol 2, Issue 93
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 17:01:36 -0500

Bob, my John Kennedy was born 21 May 1801 in Belfast, Ireland and arrived in
Laurens Co. 10 November 1819 per his naturalization documentation in Laurens
Co. SC; he petitioned to become a denizen of SC 17 April 1822. He died 02
Feb 1865 in Cartersville, GA. He married Barbara Kirkpatrick. Some of
there children were born in Laurens Co. SC and others were born beginning in
1838 in Cass (now Bartow) Co. GA.

Your Kennedy research project sounds interesting. As you can see from my
above information, you Kennedy's arrived in SC before mine. My sister has
done most of the research on our Kennedy family and has not found John's
parents. I've been searching what I can find in Ireland, but have not had
much success. Have you run into any Kirkpatrick's in your Kennedy
connections? Barbara was born in Ireland, but we don't have much on her
either.

Sandy Coulter