SCOTLAND-GENWEB-L Archives

Archiver > SCOTLAND-GENWEB > 1999-04 > 0923280841

From: I&P NOTTINGHAM <>
Subject: Argyll: MACDONALD Corrybeg, Kilmallie, CAMERON, Kilmallie
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 14:54:01 +1200

Hello again to the list while I catch up on the A Counties and onwards.

My earliest record in my MACDONALD family is Ewen/Hugh b. circa 1776. He
married Jane/Jean MACMASTER and he died in Corrybeg February 1828. Jane
d. Glasgow, 12 Aug 1853. They had the following children as listed on
their tombstone: Ewen d. Corrybeg 1833 aged 24 and Catherine Ann or Ann
Catherine m. Malcolm MACMARTIN a merchant of Alloa d. 1857. Their other
son was Donald who is my gggrandfather.

My earliest on the CAMERON side is Ewen/Hugh/ Andrew (all of these names
are used in documents I have. He may have come into the Kilmallie Parish
from Inverness as his son Alexander was born in Fort William. His first
wife and Alexander’s mother was Annie RANKIN/E but no records of her
have yet been found beyond her name on Alexander’s death certificate.
Ewen’s second wife was Margaret Swanson of Knockbain in Ross and he was
at that time in the Parish of Kilmallie. I have a testamonial written by
the minister in the Manse of Kilmonway in Lochaber stating that he had
been fifteen years in that parish in 1848. Ewen and Margaret moved down
to Glasgow and Edinburgh after this and we have not been able to find
his death as yet though I do have Margaret’s.

Any help with these families would be much appreciated.

Isla Nottingham
Whangamata
New Zealand

This thread: