SCOTS-IN-CANADA-L Archives

Archiver > SCOTS-IN-CANADA > 2002-04 > 1018827658

From: "Malcolm Paterson" <>
Subject: Re: [SCOTS-IN-CANADA] Emslie/ Guelph, Ontario
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 19:41:02 -0400

Hi Martin,

These are from the new 1881 Canadian Census CD:

Census Place: Guelph, Wellington South, Ontario, Canada
Source: FHL Film 1375894 NAC C-13258 Dist 151 SubDist C Div 4 Page 27
Family 133
Sex Marr Age Origin Birthplace
David SPRAGGE M M 34 Scottish O <Ontario>
Occ: S. Mach. Agent Religion: Congregationalist
Agnes SPRAGGE F M 33 Scottish O <Ontario>
Religion: Congregationalist
Amy SPRAGGE F 6 Scottish O <Ontario>
Religion: Congregationalist
Gordon E. SPRAGGE M 4 Scottish O <Ontario>
Religion: Congregationalist
Phebe SPRAGGE F 2 Scottish O <Ontario>
Religion: Congregationalist
Leonard SPRAGGE M <1 Scottish O <Ontario>
Religion: Congregationalist
Born: Jan; 2/12
Agnes EMSLIE F W 75 Scottish Scotland
Religion: Presbyterian
------------------------------
Census Place: Guelph, Wellington South, Ontario, Canada
Source: FHL Film 1375894 NAC C-13258 Dist 151 SubDist C Div 4 Page 28
Family 140
Sex Marr Age Origin Birthplace
James EMSLIE M M 54 Scottish Scotland
Occ: Stone Cutter Religion: Presbyterian
Margaret EMSLIE F M 56 Scottish Scotland
Religion: Presbyterian
James A. EMSLIE M 16 Scottish O <Ontario>
Religion: Presbyterian
------------------------------
Census Place: Orangeville, Wellington Centre, Ontario, Canada
Source: FHL Film 1375895 NAC C-13259 Dist 152 SubDist A Div 2 Page 3
Family 15
Sex Marr Age Origin Birthplace
Robert EMSLIE M M 52 Scottish Scotland
Occ: Stone Cutter Religion: Presbyterian
Jane EMSLIE F M 31 Scottish Scotland
Religion: Presbyterian
Jemina EMSLIE F 17 Scottish O <Ontario>
Religion: Presbyterian
Emma EMSLIE F 15 Scottish O <Ontario>
Religion: Presbyterian
Robert EMSLIE M 14 Scottish O <Ontario>
Religion: Presbyterian
------------------------------
Census Place: Flos, Simcoe North, Ontario, Canada
Source: FHL Film 1375887 NAC C-13251 Dist 139 SubDist G Div 2 Page 33
Family 160
Sex Marr Age Origin Birthplace
John EMSLIE M M 48 Scottish Scotland
Occ: Farmer Religion: Presbyterian
Elizabeth EMSLIE F M 38 Scottish Ontario
Occ: --- Religion: Presbyterian
Alice EMSLIE F 12 Scottish Ontario
Occ: --- Religion: Presbyterian
Jane EMSLIE F 10 Scottish Ontario
Occ: --- Religion: Presbyterian
Maggie EMSLEY F 2 Scottish Ontario
Occ: --- Religion: Presbyterian
------------------------------
Census Place: Markham, York East, Ontario, Canada
Source: FHL Film 1375884 NAC C-13248 Dist 135 SubDist C Div 2 Page 51
Family 250
Sex Marr Age Origin Birthplace
Duncan EMSLIE M M 45 Scottish Scotland
Occ: Farmer Religion: Presbyterian
Elizabeth EMSLIE F M 35 Scottish Scotland
Occ: --- Religion: Presbyterian
Elizabeth EMSLIE F 12 Scottish Scotland
Occ: Scholar Religion: Presbyterian
Mary EMSLIE F 6 Scottish Ontario