SCOTT-L Archives

Archiver > SCOTT > 2005-07 > 1120757489

Subject: Scott--Burkesville, Cumberland Co., KY
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:31:29 EDT

Solving this brick wall is to help some other people who have looked for
years for the parents of Absolom (sp?) Scott.

Recently I came across a study of five different Scott families that lived in
Cumberland County, KY during the time period of 1800-1865. The report was
written in 1975 and is very well done. The writer could not connect the families.

Do any of you descend from any of the families listed below?

Group A: Absalom Scott family--lived near Burkesville, Cumberland Co., KY and
was there by 1806.

Group B: Brothers--Nimrod, John and Jacob Scott. Other names in this line
include: Allen C., or Clement Scott, son of Nimrod. Came to Cumberland County in
the early 1800's.

Group C: Thomas Scott and probable sons, Henry and Samuel. Thomas was born
about 1765. They were in Cumberland Co., KY prior to 1810.

Group D: Reuben Scott, Sr. family was in Cumberland County, KY by 1806.

Group E: Any other Scott's who were in Cumberland County, KY in the early
1800's.

I will be glad to share any information that I have on these families. I
would also like to have any male descendants of these families, who carry the
surname Scott, join our Scott Family DNA project.

We already have two descendants of Absolom Scott who have been tested. A
match with a descendant of one of the Scott families mentioned above could help us
break down this brick wall. Thanks for reading this e-mail. Charlie Scott

This thread: