SCSALUDA-L Archives

Archiver > SCSALUDA > 2005-01 > 1106362274

From: "Lee and Billie Jones" <>
Subject: RUSHTON Death Certificates.
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:51:14 -0500

I have already posted some of the Rushton death cert. but these are some that I
never sent. Copied from the microfilmed records of SC Death Cert. 1915 - 1952,
located at the Camden Archives & Museum, Camden, SC

Billie Jones
Camden, SC

The following were transcribed by me several months ago but have never sent
them to the lists. They can be found at the Camden Archives & Musuem, Camden,
SC in the microfilm collection of death cert. 1915 - 1952.

1915 - Death Cert. #3108, Lexington Co, SC
Rev. Jesse E. Rushton
Male White, married, minister
b. August 21, 1848, Edgefield Co, SC
father: Benjamin Rushton, Edgefield Co, SC
mother: Harriett Eidson, Edgefield Co, SC
d: Feb. 14, 1915, Gilbert Hollow, Leesville, Lexington, SC
cause: cannot read
informant: not given
buried: Johnston, SC
UT: (W.D?) Barr, Leesville, SC

1948 Death Cert. #12374, Spartanburg, SC
Eva Rushton
Female, White, single,
b. August 29, 1881, Johnston, SC
father: Dr. John M. Rushton, SC
mother: Margarita ________, SC
d. Sept 16, 1948, Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg, SC
cause: coronary thrombosis; diabetes mellitus
informant: Miss Jessie Rushton, (5)15 Glendolyn Ave., City
buried: Johnston, SC
UT: Edwards Funeral Home, Johnston, SC

[I found her buried in the Bethlehem Meth., Saluda Co, SC. I have her mother
as Margaret Tabitha Herrin from Frank Herin <>]

This next one is the brother of Eva above, and also names his mother as a
HERRIN:

1936 Death cert. #8245, Saluda Co, SC
W. P. Rushton
Male, White, farmer widower of (___) Eidson, resided Johnston, SC
b. _____, age 59/11/22, Saluda Co, SC
father: Martin Rushton
Mother: ( ) Herrin
d. May 9, 1936, Saluda Co, SC
cause: angina Pectoris; coronary thrombosis
informant: (B. W. Dinkin), _____, GA.
buried: [Looked like Bethany, but found him in Bethlehem]
UT: Edwards & Bros, Johnston, SC

The following are buried together at Bethlehem Methodist Church Cem., Saluda
Co, SC
Rushton, William Pierce Jun 24 1876 May 9 1936
Rushton, Nora EIDSON Feb 21 1878 Jul 1 1934

1941 - Death Cert. #14866, Richland co, SC
Mr. Jesse Duayne Rushton
Male, white, farmer, Married, lived Johnston, SC
b. *[May 4, 1941], Saluda Co, SC age 45
*(either I copied the date wrong or it was filled out wrong, he was born 1896]
father: Mr. Frank Rushton, Saluda Co, SC
mother: Miss Carrie Smith
d. Sept 26, 1941, Columbia, Richland Co, SC
cause: chronic nephritis by hypertension; cerebral hemmorhage
informant: (B. H.?) Rushton
buried: Bethlehem [Methodist Church, Saluda Co, SC]
UT: V. E. Edward, [Johnston, Edgefield Co, SC]

Bethlehem Methodist Church Cem records:
Rushton, J. Duayne 1896 - 1941
Rushton, Myra T. 1900 - 1983

---

1925 - Death Certificate #10671, Saluda Co, SC
Sadie Rushton
Female, White, single
b. June 3, 1925, Saluda Co, SC age 3 mo.
father: Duane Rushton, Saluda Co, SC
mother: ______ Trotter, Saluda SC [Myra]
d. June 6, 1925, Saluda Co, SC
cause: (?Tetany)
informant: M. S. Rushton, Johnston, SC
buried: Bethlehem [Methodist Church, Saluda Co, SC]
UT: V. E. Edwards & Bros. [Johnston, SC]

Althought I could not read the names, I have them in my FTM as Jesse Duane
Rushton m. Myra Trotter, and daughter as Sadie. the are buried with J. Arthur
Rushton and his wife Ella Quattlebaum, but next to them are Jesse Duane and
Myra, her parents.

1920 Death Cert. #1328, Saluda Co, SC
W. W. Bridges
Male, White, married, farmer
b. April 15, 1882, Saluda Co, SC *
father: J. H. Bridges, Saluda SC*
mother: Emma RUSHTON, Saluda, SC*
d. Jan 16, 1920, Saluda Co, SC, township #4
cause: lobor pneumonia
informant: Jesse Bridges, Saluda, SC
buried: Red Bank Church [Baptist, Saluda, Saluda Co, SC]
UT: R. L. Ramey

*Saluda Co. was formed from Edgefield Dist in 1895, so all of these births
would have been in Edgefield Co, SC at the time.

I have an Emma Rushton that might work here in my files, married to a John
Bridges. And this is from the Red Bank Cem. records:

Bridges, Emma Americus RUSHTON [Dec 25 1862] Feb 16 1937
Bridges, John Hamilton [May 1860] Jul 19 1938
Bridges, William Whitfield [Apr 1882] 1919 [DC is
primary for date of death]
Bridges, Jesse [H.] Jul 13 1889 Jul 12 1966

HC identifies them as (top to bottom]
EMMA - w/o John Hamilton Bridges, d/o John Rushton
JOHN H. - m. Emma Americus RUSHTON, s/o Elizabeth & William Bridges
W. W. - m. Ada, s/o Emma Americus RUSHTON & John Hamilton Bridges
JESSE - s/o Emma Americus RUSHTON & John Hamilton Bridges

I took the above cem. records and found the DC of Emma Americus Rushton
Bridges, but could not find the one for John Bridges in a quick search today
between meetings. I didn't have his full name written down with me and only
looked for a John. I did not look for a Hamilton Bridges.

1937 - Death Cert. #17664, Saluda Co, SC
Mrs. E. A. Bridges
Female, White, married to J. H. Bridges
b. ____, SC, (age 74yr, 2mo, 23 dys)
father: John Rushton, SC