SCSALUDA-L Archives

Archiver > SCSALUDA > 2007-05 > 1179781113

From: "Lee and Billie Jones" <>
Subject: [SCSALUDA] Obit of Sylvia E. (Rushton) Whisenant, published May 21,2007, The STATE, Columbia, SC
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:58:33 -0400

Obit of Sylvia E. (Rushton) Whisenant, published May 21, 2007, The STATE,
Columbia, SC
JOHNSTON - Sylvia E. Whisenant, 65, funeral services will be held at
11:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 22, at The Chapel in the Woods with internment in
Bethlehem United Methodist Church Cemetery (Johnston) with Rev. John
Griffith, Rev. Chris Eidson and Rev. Jerry Brunson officiating. Visitation
will be one hour before the service at the church.
Mrs. Whisenant was born in Saluda to the late Herbert and Trannie Powell
Rushton.
Surviving are sons and daughter-in-law, Michael and Ginger Whisenant of
Trenton, Anthony Mark Whisenant of Charleston; brothers, William H. Rushton,
Jr. of Johnston, Keith Rushton of Saluda; sister, Brenda Eidson of
McCormick; grandchildren, Ashley and Michael Whisenant.
Milton Shealy Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.

I had her parents in my files from my Powell research, and attached her and
her listed siblings to her parents based on the above obit.

Descendants of Herbert Rushton
1 Herbert Rushton b: Jun 21, 1917 d: Jul 10, 1987 Burial: Bethlehem
Methodist Church Cem., Saluda Co, SC
.. +Trannie Powell b: Aug 30, 1921 d: Dec 30, 1963 Burial: Bethlehem
Methodist Church Cem., Saluda Co, SC Father: Otis Eugene POWELL Mother:
Willie CROUT
..... 2 Sylvia E. Rushton b: Abt. 1942 in Saluda Co, SC d: May 22, 2007 in
Assume Johnston, Edgefield Co, SC Burial: Bethlehem Methodist Church Cem.,
Saluda Co, SC
......... +Whisenant
............ 3 Michael Whisenant
............ 3 Anthony Mark Whisenant