SCT-ARL-TIREE-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ARL-TIREE > 2005-06 > 1119784353

From: "Scott Cameron" <>
Subject: Sunday Greetings Everyone! x-Scott Cameron re: Radio Scotland's Robbie Sheppard's TAKE THE FLOOR : OUTSIDE BROADCAST Recorded at AN TALLA COMMUNITY HALL, TIREE recorded on Wednesday, 15 June 2005.
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 07:12:33 -0400

Sunday Greetings Everyone!

Aye, sailing was excellent last night! ( http://www.guelphboating.ca ). Well here it is in lovely Guelph, Ontario, Canada...another hot and humid day...early in the morning...soon time to head out for my long run. However, in the meantime back to Radio Scotland's Robbie Sheppard's TAKE THE FLOOR : OUTSIDE BROADCAST Recorded at AN TALLA COMMUNITY HALL, TIREE recorded on Wednesday, 15 June 2005. I wanted to find out some more information and listen to the program in full....1 1/2 hours! Lucky us!

Where were you 13 months ago? (www.tireegathering.com) I hope this information as follows helps to bring you back home...I think it will...enjoy!

Thanks again Lachie for the timely telephone message I received from you yesterday afternoon. Your family throughout the world is most grateful. Hi to all on Tiree. No doubt we wish we were all at the recording. Can you imagine if the "Tiree Bus to the Bruce" had arrived! What a ceilidh! I don't know if we would have ever left. As I listen to the recording and hear the audience applause and cheer I can distinctly hear many of my friends on Tiree. 1851 - 2005...154 years...wouldn't it have been amazing if our ancestors who emigrated from Tiree could have logged on to the computer to listen in! No doubt they are looking down from heaven as they are enjoying their own ceilidh!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/radioscotland/view/playlist.shtml?prog=take_floor&?focuswin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/radioscotland/view/show.shtml?take_floor

25 JUNE 2005 > Photos of the Take The Floor - Outside Broadcast from An Talla, Tiree recorded on Wednesday, 15 June 2005.

Photos # 1 to # 4 Skipinnish, Wilma and Mary Ann Kennedy, Rachel Walker, Bernard Smith
Photos # 5 to # 8 Strip the Willow, Jessie Gray - Chairperson An Talla, Robbie Shephard, Amelia, Robbie and Ken
These photos are from the http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/radioscotland/view/show.shtml?take_floor > go to this link > "Click here for more photos from Tiree." found on the website.

I believe you only have 7 days from the time of the original broadcast to listen to TAKE THE FLOOR : OUTSIDE BROADCAST Recorded at AN TALLA COMMUNITY HALL, TIREE, thereafter the "listen again" link takes you to current week's program. I could not find an archive. So, you have 6 days left to enjoy! As per the end of this email I am trying to find a way to order a recording of the show. I will keep you posted....likewise I hope if you have any ideas. Cheers, Scott

SATURDAY 25 JUNE

TAKE THE FLOOR : OUTSIDE BROADCAST
Recorded at AN TALLA COMMUNITY HALL, TIREE Wednesday, June 15, 2005.

SKIPINNISH
Angus MacPhail, accordion (native of Tiree)
Andrew Stevenson, small pipes (native of Achnacarry)
Archie McAllister, fiddle
Neil McMillan, bass
Davie Gracie, piano
Iain McFadyen (Stretch), drums
Rachel Walker, vocals

GUESTS:
Bernard Smith (native of Tiree)
Wilma Kennedy accompanied on clarsach by Mary Ann Kennedy (native of Tiree)

KATE DALRYMPLE

BARN DANCE
Major Manson at Clachantrushal (P/M Donald MacLean)
John MacDonald Glencoe (Willie Lawrie)

DASHING WHITE SERGEANT
Original x 1
John Keith Laing x 2 (Addie Harper)
Cape Breton Tune x 2 (Trad)
Jock Wilson's Ball x 2
Lachlan MacPhail of Tiree (Peter MacFarquar)

GAELIC WALTZ
An Teid thu Leam gu Tir a Mhurain (Come with me to the land of the marran grass) (Sarah MacDonald)

BOSTON TWO STEP
Atholl and Breadalbane Gathering (P/M W. Ferguson)
Jean Mauchline (W. Bryson)

HOOLIGHAN'S JIG
Rakes of Kildare (Trad)
The Boys of Ballymote (Trad)
The Lady in the Bottle (A. G. Kenneth)
Price of the Pig (Trad)

GAY GORDONS
Murdo's Wedding (P/M Gavin Stoddart, MBE)
Hills o' Perth (Trad)
John D. Burgess (G. Coburn )

GUEST SPOT: BERNARD SMITH
Song:
Lach Nan Cruachan

Song:
My Native Isle Tiree

VIRGINIA REEL
Turkey in The Straw
Chan eil mo Leanan Ann a Seo (My lover is not here) (Trad)
Bratach Bana (The white Banner) (Trad)
Waiting for Federals
Camptown Races
Boil Dem Cabbage Down

HIGHLAND SCHOTTISCHE
The Devil in the Kitchen (Trad)
I bhi ada (Trad)
S Iomadh Ruit a dhith Orm (There are many things I lack) (Trad)

ST BERNARD'S WALTZ
Cadal Cha Dean Mi (I will not sleep) (Trad)
An t-Altan Dubh (The Black Stream)
Failte Rubha Bhatarnais (Welcome to Vaternish Point) (Trad)
Muile nam Mor Bheann (Mull of the High Mountains) (Trad)
Am Falbh thu Leam a Ribhinn Og (Come with me my Young Girl) (Trad)

JACKIE TAR TWOSTEP
Balmoral Highlanders (Angus Mackay)
Dr Hugh Alexander Low of Tiree (Hugh Campbell)

BRITANNIA TWO STEP
If You're Irish (Glenville/Miller)
Where the Rushes Grow (Trad)
Macnamara's Band (Shamus O'Connor)

GUEST SPOT: WILMA KENNEDY accompanied on clarsach by Mary Ann Kennedy
Song:
Oganaich an Or-fhuilt bhuidhe (words Flora MacKeachern) (tune Trad) (arr W.Kennedy)

Song:
Tiriodh (Willie MacPhail); Bard na Croise (Trad) (arr W. Kennedy)

Song:
Fagail Braigh Bhalla (John Mackinnon, music John MacRae)

STRIP THE WILLOW ...Big Pipes
The Leg of Duck (Trad)
Donnela Beaton (George Johnstone)
The Jig Runrig (Fergie MacDonald)
Dr Flora MacAulay of Carradale (Allan MacDonald)

PRIDE OF ERIN
Spancil Hill

BARN DANCE
Leaving Glenurquhart (W. MacDonald)
Mrs John MacColl (John MacColl)

EIGHTSOME REEL
Major David Manson (Peter MacLeod)
Mrs MacPherson of Inveran (G.S. MacLennan)
Fiona MacLeod (Donald MacLeod)
Loch Carron (D.C. Mather)
The Rejected Suitor (Trad)
John Morrison of Assynt House (Peter MacLeod)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/help/help_faq.shtml#copy

How do I get a tape or transcript of a programme?
a.. If you want to obtain a BBC video or other BBC merchandise please visit Getting a tape or transcript.
(going to the link to get a tape or transcript I was not able to open this link)

Aye, I have emailed Robbie Sheppard to inquiry how to get a recording. I will keep you posted. Cheers, Scott

Neat websites! Cheers, Scott ( I was trying to find a photo of AN TALLA COMMUNITY HALL, TIREE ...this site is not active...yet ? > http://www.antalla.co.uk/

http://directory.google.com/Top/Regional/Europe/United_Kingdom/Scotland/Argyll_and_Bute/Isle_of_Tiree/

http://www.scotland-inverness.co.uk/tiree.htm

http://www.scotlanddirectory.co.uk/Argyll_and_Bute/Isle_Of_Tiree/