SCT-EAST-LOTHIAN-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-EAST-LOTHIAN > 2002-08 > 1030190357

Subject: [SCT-EAST-LOTHIAN] Rev David ROSS
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:59:17 +1000

1881 Cenus records 718 Prestonpans, County of Haddington, Rock Cottage,
Rev David ROSS, head, widower, 56 Episcopalian Clergyman, Midlothian
Edinburgh and Annie ROSS, daughter, unmarried 18, England.

Death certificate, 28 Dec 1887, 4 am Rock Cottage, Prestonpans, David ROSS,
clerk in holy orders (married Elizabeth Ann MOSELEY), parents Donald ROSS
soldier (deceased) and Joan ROSS (maiden surname CUMMING).

Can anyone tell me whether Rev David ROSS was the owner of Rock Cottage
and who lived there after his death ? Rock Cottage still exists.

I also have a burial certificate for the Haddington New Burial Ground. The index
for St Mary's Haddington lists a Rev David ROSS buried Dec 1883. Is it
possible that this is a mistake ? Is St Mary's at Haddington and the Haddington
New Burial Ground in 1887 the same site ? Can anyone help me to sort this out?

Would love to correspond with anyone with the same interest.

Sherril.

This thread: