SCT-EAST-LOTHIAN-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-EAST-LOTHIAN > 2010-08 > 1281397042

From: "Mary Legarth" <>
Subject: [SCT-EAST-LOTHIAN] KING, ROSS, PRIDE.
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:37:22 +1200

Peter,
Thank you for your reply.
I did not have the Date of Death for William King, he does not seem to show
after 1841 census. I belong to the Lothian FHS. They may do a look up for
me.
Pencaitland was usually good at recording ages at Death in the 1830's &
40's.
I only have the name Janet ROSS, no parents .
William KING & Janet ROSS were married 28 August 1834. William was born
Pencaitland, & it is possible that Janet was also born there.

1841 census, Janet, maiden name WILSON , was the Widow of John KING ,
again, you are correct, their daughter was Janet KING born 1798. This Janet
did not marry , however, yes her son was George PRIDE.

I suppose it is possible that John King junior emigrated. My 1881 census
C.D.'s do not work on this Computer, so cannot for check him there.

Thakyou again,
Mary
New Zealand