SCT-EDINBURGH-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-EDINBURGH > 2009-09 > 1252561398

From: "margaret brookes" <>
Subject: [SCT-EDINBURGH] Warnecke
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:43:18 +1000

My gr.gr. grandfather Henry WARNECKE was cornet player - bugler? In the R.S.G. and served in Ireland and was stationed all round England. He was discharged injured in 1844 in Edinburgh. He was 46 years. His son Christian Henry WARNECKE enlisted in Edinburgh in 1846. Henry's wife was BARBARA WARNECKE and she is married to an Irishman and living in Edinburgh in 1851 (her youngest son is living with them).

I have not found any sign of Henry's death - I had found some of the births of his children on the Army Chaplain's reports - but no death, but of course this would be explained by the fact he was not in the army between 1844 and 1851 the period in which he would have died.

I did think I might get something through music references but still nothing. I have no idea which church records to chase but do know some of his children were baptised C.of E.

I always thought with an unusual name for Britain this family branch would be easy but not so.

Christian Henry served all over the world and was eventually discharged in Melbourne and the family has been here ever since. Therefore there were no clues available from here in Melbourne.

Always worth a try!! regards Margaret Brookes (Melbourne)

This thread: