SCT-FIFE-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-FIFE > 2010-06 > 1277127283

From: "Alice McVearry" <>
Subject: Re: [FIF] McEwan/McQueen Fife census look up please
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:34:43 -0400

Hello Tunji,
The 1851 census of Auchtertool is light and very difficult to read.
However, there is a 72 year old widower named John McEWAN who was living in
Auchtertool. His 30 year old daughter Margaret was living with him. John
was born in Dunfermline, as was his daughter Margaret. This may not be your
John McEWAN / McQUEEN because you say his wife Margaret (WARDLAW) passed
away a year later in 1852.

I have James McEWAN / McQUEEN, son of your John McEWAN / McQUEEN and
Margaret WARDLAW in my tree. James was born abt 1828 in Inverkeithing. He
married Janet MORRIS, daughter of Robert MORRIS and Mary FORD, 26 Jan 1849
in Auchtertool. James and Janet had 4 known children, John, Robert, James
and William. William married Helen BOWMAN, daughter of Robert BOWMAN and
Grace HARROWER. The BOWMAN's are my line.

If any of this is of interest to you, you may contact me privately and I can
send you a small GEDCOM of the 23 related people in the file. -- Alice