SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ISLEOFMULL > 2009-02 > 1233725638

From: Keith Dash <>
Subject: [SCT-ISLEOFMULL] Ship "British King" to Australia, 1838
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:33:58 +1100

The "British King" sailed from Tobermory bound for Australia on
28th October 1838 with 252 adult and 74 child passengers from
destitute areas in the Highlands & Islands, and arrived in Sydney on
28th February 1839. A list of passengers identified as from Tiree or
Coll, descriptions of the voyage, a transcript of the Captain's Log,
and transcripts of newspaper articles reporting the arrival of the
ship in Sydney, can be downloaded from the Emigrant Ships page of the
Tiree Genealogy and Coll Genealogy websites. These are the work of
Anne Maye, Wayne Cameron & Brian Wills-Johnson, to whom I extend my
grateful thanks.

Keith Dash
Sydney, Australia
Isle of Tiree Genealogy: www.tireegenealogy.com