SCT-MIDDLE-MARCHES-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-MIDDLE-MARCHES > 2005-09 > 1126194013

From: "Jo Foster" <>
Subject: History Mysteries and the Border Reivers
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:40:13 +0100

Hello,
Lion Television is currently producing a series for the BBC and the Open
University called 'History Mysteries'. The series shows viewers how to
conduct their own local or family history investigation, using the
example of a different 'mystery' brought to us each week by a member of
the public. For instance, we've looked into smuggling connections for
the owner of a local pub, and we're also tracing stories back from a
bundle of papers found in someone's attic, a stone by the side of a
road, and a dark secret in someone's family history. I'm looking for
someone with a connection to a story about the medieval border reivers,
and I wonder if anyone on this list has or knows of a likely mystery for
us. Perhaps your family history indicates you might be linked to a
border reivers' clan and you'd like to know more about it?
If you have any suggestions for our border reivers mystery, I'd love to
hear from you. You can contact me on the number below, or drop me an
email with your number and I'll call you.
Kind regards,
Jo Foster

Researcher, 'History Mysteries'
Lion Television