SCT-NAIRNSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-NAIRNSHIRE > 2002-02 > 1013242719

Subject: [Nairn] Re: McGregor
Date: 9 Feb 2002 01:18:39 -0700

Surnames: McGregor Leslie
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/YeC.2ACE/167.178.180.1

Message Board Post:

Hi - I am researching my GX3 grandfather James McGregor of "Ovie" and "Auchmore" farms, at Laggan (near Newtonmore in Invernes-shire). He was born in 1779 and died at Laggan in 1862. He married Ann (or Agnes) Leslie and they had at least three children, including Isabella, James and Barabara. Isabella McGregor married her distant cousin Alexander McGregor and emigrated to New Zealand in 1851. Her brother James also emigrated to New Zealand. The Elder James (b1779) had about eight siblings including Malcolm, Patrick, Bessie, Isabell, Margaret, Alexander, Ann and Beatrice (and possibly also Andrew). Are any of these people connected to you? If so, we have quite a bit of information about them, and would we would also like to find out more. Cheers, Andrew Honeyfield
Te Aroha New Zealand.

This thread: