SCT-ROXBURGH-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-ROXBURGH > 2005-09 > 1126660166

From: Roland and Alison deCaen <>
Subject: ELLIOT - ARMITAGE to US from Castleton
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:10:20 -0600

Robert & Esther Elliot of Powisholm had a grandson Robert who with a James Elliot went to the US in 1911. their destination being George Armstrong in Toulon. I presme this is in Illinois as it appears to be the only one listed. I have found on the Co. Strake page under Elmira township a George Armstrong who seems to "fit the bill". His father was James (b abt 1794 - 1851 census) and his mother Sebella Elliot (b abt 1804 1851 census) I am trying to find a connection between Roberts family (of Powisholm - spelling variations) and George Armitage. I note that one of Robert & Ether's children had Armitage in their name. Robert's parents were Robert & WIlhelmina (Hislop)

George Armitage went back to Scotland and married a Mary Murray (dau of Dr Murray ?) One of Robert & Esther's grandchildren is named Agnes Murray Elliot
And so forth and so on All utterly confusing !

Is anyone researching any of these families ? We obviously need clarification

Alison (now over her huff)

This thread: