SCT-ROYAL-L ArchivesArchiver > SCT-ROYAL > 2001-01 > 0979832452
From: "sarah rose" <>
Subject: NEW MEMBER NEEDS HELP--PLEASE
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 07:40:52 -0800
This is my first time writing you folks and I hope some kind soul will help me out with several questions I have. I've been struggling with my royal lines and it's very overwhelming and sometimes confusing.
These are my dead ends so far--does anyone have any additional data on the following folks, who would be willing to help me?
1) King Geoffrey Plantagenet--I can't find his birthdate or parents names and only the first name, Matilda, for his wife
2) King Alfonso VII De Leon and wife Berenguela DE Barcelona--anything to add? (births, parents)
3) King Alfonso I De Portugal; Parents? wife?
4) Queen Eleonore De Provence (1223)--I have no addt'l data.
5) Guillaume III De Ponthieu and wife Alix of France (birth/parents)
6) Countess Adele of France / wife of Count Baldwin V of Flanders (and by the way is he a Count or a King?)
7) Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine (1122)--I have her father as William (no additional data) and mother unknown
8) King Henry I of England whose daughter married King Geoffrey Plantagenet (need wife's name and lineage data on both)
9) Princess Sancha Alfonsez of Castile wife of King Alfonso Raimundez (1152) of Spain---Need anything you have for her)
10) Alfonso VIII Sanchez De Castile (1155) parents/wife/birth
11) Empress Matilda (1101) daughter of King Henry I--who is her mother?
12) Is Richard II "Strong Bow" a King?
Question: Does the phrase "illegitimate son" mean the same when mentioned in terms of royalty as it does to us today? Or does it mean son of a royal mistress or concubine? And what "exactly" was a royal mistress or concubine in legal terms--in comparison to a wife.
I'm sure you can tell from this message that I am serious about how confusing and overwhelming it's been and I've been doing this solo until I learned about this message list today. I would be extremely grateful for any help whatsoever and also for any links to websites which may be of help to me. Thank you very sincerely, Sarah
|NEW MEMBER NEEDS HELP--PLEASE by "sarah rose" <>|