SCT-SUTHERLAND-L Archives

Archiver > SCT-SUTHERLAND > 2002-04 > 1017733377

Subject: RE: [sut] Clyne Kirkton ? a Smugglers Store ?
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:42:57 +0100

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Not sure about the date - could be earlier. In 1786, Hugh Houstoun,
tacksman of Brora and 'merchant' in partnership with Hugh Macpherson, bought
the small estate of Creich. Rev Ross enjoyed his country pursuits - he was
an expert shot - and did not devote a great deal of his energies to the
pulpit.

Malcolm