SDHUTCHI-L Archives

Archiver > SDHUTCHI > 2012-06 > 1340860330

From: ,
Subject: Re: [SDHUTCHI] Calling all Vanderweillens
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 05:12:10 -0000

Author: AmyVaughn55
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.southdakota.counties.hutchinson/66.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My great grandfather is Cornelius Vanderweillen. I believe his brother's name was Kryn and I thought his father was also a Kryn until I found land records in Hutchinson county that he had a different name. It was Leonard Nicholas Vanderweillen. I have a letter from the dad asking about Kryn. I was told that Cornelius' grew up in an orphanage in Rochester, New York. Cornelius' bible says he was born in Rochester, New York.
I briefly say the name Kryn Vanderweillen as an artist or painting instructor in Rochester. I only saw it once and never again. It was in reference to a famous painter being taught by Kryn.
I don't know anything about a Mary. I believe when I search for Vanderweillens in South Dakota, a Mary's name shows up with Vanderweillen being spelled with one l.
The lady associated with the post doesn't answer my e-mails, so I don't know if she is still living.
My e-mail is and I will gladly share all I have on the Vanderweillens. How are you related to Kryn?
My grandmother's brother was born in South Dakota and then they traded government land deeds for a place in indian territory (Roosevelt, Oklahoma).

Important Note: