SEAMANS-L Archives

Archiver > SEAMANS > 2000-09 > 0968957787

From: "Sharon Symons" <>
Subject: [SEAMANS] Fw: [SIMONS] William R. Simonds
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:56:27 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Kelley" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 8:18 AM
Subject: [SIMONS] William R. Simonds

> Hi Fellow List Members,
>
> My name is Jan Kelley, and I'm not sure whether I have posted this query
on our mailing list or not, so I thought I would try just in case I hadn't,
and beg for your forgiveness if I have. I am looking for information on
William R. Simonds, married April 22, 1836 to Susannah C. Sorrells, in
Haywood County, North Carolina. I believe that he died in the Civil War, on
May 8, 1862. He had two daughters I believe one that went by the name of
Minerva Simonds, born in 1838, in Buncombe County, North Carolina. She was
married first to John Totherow, and he was killed in the Civil War, and then
to Thomas Davis. She may have had a sister, that went by the name of Mary
Simonds, born in 1858.

> This is all of the information that I have on this family, except the name
of Minerva's and John Totherow's children. As I said, if I have posted this
before, I hope you will be patient with me, because to repeat myself was not
my intention. Thank you for your tolerance.