SELLERS-L Archives

Archiver > SELLERS > 2008-09 > 1221917157

From: "Georgia L. Fletcher" <>
Subject: Re: [SELLERS] HUGH L. SELLERS 1856 AL/to Conejos, CO
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 08:25:57 -0500

This is what I have on this family.

Georgia #1

Descendants of Robert Sellers

Generation No. 1

1. ROBERT2 SELLERS (JOHN1) was born 05 November 1808 in Maury County,
Tennessee, and died 08

November 1851 in De Kalb County, Alabama. He married JANE SURRATT 25
February 1830 in

Madison County, Alabama, daughter of SAMUEL SURRATT and MARTHA RICE. She was
born 27

December 1808 in Tennessee, and died 16 November 1888 in Manassa, Conejos
County, Colorado.

Notes for ROBERT SELLERS:

1850 Jackson County, Alabama

Township 6, Range 6 East

District #20

Page 74B

Robert Cellris, 40, M, farmer, TN

Jane Cellris, 40, F, TN

Daniel Cellris, 18, M, farmer, AL

James Cellris, 16, M, laborer, AL

Martha Cellris, 15, F, AL

Margaret Cellris, 13, F, AL

John Cellris, 11, M, AL

William Cellris, 9, M, AL

Davis Cellris, 7, M, AL

Samuel Cellris, 5, M, AL

Robert Cellris, 3, M, AL

1860 De Kalb County, Alabama

Division #2

Page 177

Lebanon Post Office

Jane Harris, 52, F, farmer, AL

John J. Cellars, 20, M, farm laborer, AL

Davis M. Cellars, 17, M, farm laborer, AL

Samuel Cellars, 15, M, farm laborer, AL

next door is

Daniel Cellars, 27, M, carpenter, $200, AL

Mary A. Cellars, 32, F, AL (nee Wilson; first married James Story, Sr.)

Hugh L. Cellars, 5, M, AL

Robert Cellars, 3, M, AL

James Cellars, 15, M, laborer, AL (this is James Story, Mary's son by first
marriage)

Margaret Pate 60, F, TN

Children of ROBERT SELLERS and JANE SURRATT are:

2. i. MARY ANN3 SELLERS, b. 04 December 1830, Wayne County, Tennessee; d. 13
August 1900, Conejos

County, Colorado.

3. ii. DANIEL RICE SELLERS, b. 31 January 1832, Madison County, Alabama; d.
29 December 1913, Conejos

County, Colorado.

iii. JAMES RILEY SELLERS, b. 25 May 1834, Madison County, Alabama; d. 15 May
1862.

iv. MARTHA ELIZABETH SELLERS, b. 12 March 1835, Madison County, Alabama; m.
WILLIAM SOTHERLAND,

Abt. 1852.

2 20 September 2008

Notes for WILLIAM SOTHERLAND:

Not sure this is correct family

1860 Jackson County, Alabama

Scottsboro Post Office

Enumerted 03 July 1860

Township 4, Range 5 East

Page 537A and B

Albert Southerland, 26, M, farm laborer, 0/$100, AL

Martha Southerland, 22, F, AL

William Southerland, 8, M, AL

George Southerland, 7, M, AL

Nancy Southerland, 5, F, AL

Mary Southerland, 6/12, F, IL

v. MARGARET JANE SELLERS, b. 04 April 1837, Madison County, Alabama.

vi. JOHN JASPER SELLERS, b. 10 September 1839, Madison County, Alabama.

Notes for JOHN JASPER SELLERS:

1860 De Kalb County, Alabama

Lebanon Post Office

Jane Harris, 32, F, farmer, Alabama (is the age 52 and this is their mother
re-married?)

John J. Cellars, 20, M, farm laborer, Alabama

Davis M. Cellars, 17, M, farm laborer, Alabama

Samuel Cellars, 15, M, farm laborer, Alabama

vii. WILLIAM WASHINGTON SELLERS, b. 31 October 1841, Madison County,
Alabama; d. 12 December 1857.

viii. DAVIS MOORE SELLERS, b. 06 September 1843, Madison County, Alabama; d.
03 March 1862.

4. ix. SAMUEL SURATT SELLERS, b. 03 June 1845, Jackson County, Alabama; d.
07 February 1916, Chandler

(Maricopa) Arizona.

x. ROBERT MARION SELLERS, b. 02 March 1847, Jackson County, Alabama; d. 29
August 1852.

Generation No. 2

2. MARY ANN3 SELLERS (ROBERT2, JOHN1) was born 04 December 1830 in Wayne
County,

Tennessee, and died 13 August 1900 in Conejos County, Colorado. She married
BIRD JACKSON

KIRTLAND 14 November 1850 in De Kalb County, Alabama. He died Bef. 1900.

Notes for BIRD JACKSON KIRTLAND:

1900 Conejos County, Colorado

Town of Manassa

Precinct 10

enumerated 05 June 1900

Page 120B

William Honeycutt, head, W, M, October 1867, age 32, married 10 years, SC,
Unknown, SC, farmer

Victoria V. Honeycutt, wife, W, F, November 1871, age 28, married 10 years,
5 children born, 4

children living, AL, NC, TN

William J. Honeycutt, son, W, M, October 1890, age 9, single, CO, SC, AL

Doyle P. Honeycutt, son, W, M, February 1895, age 5, single, CO, SC, AL

Bernice M. Honeycutt, daughter, W, F, January 1897, age 3, single, CO, SC,
AL

Arvis E. Honeycutt, daughter, W, F, September 1898, age 1, single, CO, SC,
AL

Mary A. Kirtland, mother, W, F, December 1830, age 69, widowed, TN, Unknown,
Unknown

Child of MARY SELLERS and BIRD KIRTLAND is:

5. i. VICTORIA F.4 KIRTLAND, b. November 1871, Alabama.

3. DANIEL RICE3 SELLERS (ROBERT2, JOHN1) was born 31 January 1832 in Madison
County,

Alabama, and died 29 December 1913 in Conejos County, Colorado. He married
(1) MARY ANN

3 20 September 2008

WILSON 03 February 1853 in Alabama, daughter of WILLIAM WILSON and MARGARET
ISBELL. She

was born 1828 in Alabama. He married (2) MARY ARRENEY BANISTER 03 March 1872
in Marshall

County, Alabama. She was born 1850 in Georgia, and died Bet. 1887 - 1900 in
Conejos County,

Colorado.

Notes for DANIEL RICE SELLERS:

Researching is Darla email at

1860 De Kalb County, Alabama

Lebanon Post Office

Page 177

Daniel Cellars, 27, M, carpenter, Alabama

Mary A. Cellars, 32, F, Alabama

Hugh L. Cellars, 5, M, Alabama

Robert Cellars, 3, M, Albama

James Cellars, 15, M, Alabama (James Story; Mary's son by her first
marriage)

Margaret Pate, 60, F, Tennessee

1870 Marshall County, Alabama

Meltonsville Post Office

Daniel R. Sellers, 38, M, W, retail grocer, Alabama

Mary A. Sellers, 41, F, W, Alabama

Hulee Sellers, 14, M, W, Alabama

William R. Sellers, 12, M, W, Alabama

Reuben D. Sellers, 10, M, W, Alabama

Margas or Margat J. Sellers, 30 or perhaps 80, F, W, Alabama

1880 Conejos County, Colorado

town of San Antonio

Daniel R. Sellers, W, M, 48, farmer, Alabama, Tennessee, Tennessee

Mary Sellers, W, F, 30, Georgia, parents birthplace not listed

Dora Sellers, W, F, 4, Alabama, North Carolina, Alabama

John Sellers, W, M, 1, Colorado, North Carolina, Alabama

1900 Conejos County, Colorado

Precinct #10 Manassa

Page 118A

enumerated 02 June 1900

Daniel R. Sellers, head, W, M, January 1832, age 68, widowed, AL, TN, AL,
shoemaker

Ida E. Sellers, daughter, W, F, September 1883, age 16, single, CO, AL, GA

Mary A. Sellers, daughter, W, F, December 1885, age 14, single, CO, AL, GA

Joseph R. Sellers, son, W, M, March 1887, age 13, single, CO, AL, GA

1910 Conejos County, Colorado

Precinct #10 Manassa

enumerated 16 May 1910

Page 117A

Daniel R. Sellers, head, M, W, 78, widowed, AL, TN, TN, mending shoes

Mary A. Sellers, daughter, F, W, 25, single, CO, AL, GA

Joseph R. Sellers, son, M, W, 23, single, CO, AL, GA

Children of DANIEL SELLERS and MARY WILSON are:

6. i. HUGH LEE4 SELLERS, b. 22 February 1856, Larkinsville (Jackson)
Alabama; d. 30 March 1940, Conejos

County, Colorado.

4 20 September 2008

7. ii. WILLIAM ROBERT SELLERS, b. 16 November 1857, Larkinsville (Jackson)
Alabama; d. 23 November 1886,

Conejos County, Colorado.

iii. RUBIN DANIEL SELLERS, b. 17 July 1860, De Kalb County, Alabama.

Children of DANIEL SELLERS and MARY BANISTER are:

iv. DORA4 SELLERS, b. 1876, Alabama.

v. JOHN SELLERS, b. 1879, Conejos County, Colorado.

vi. IDA ELLA SELLERS, b. 23 September 1882, Conejos County, Colorado; m.
JOHN W. WATTS, 04 February

1904, Colorado.

vii. MARY A. SELLERS, b. December 1885, Conejos County, Colorado.

viii. JOSEPH R. SELLERS, b. March 1887, Conejos County, Colorado.

4. SAMUEL SURATT3 SELLERS (ROBERT2, JOHN1) was born 03 June 1845 in Jackson
County, Alabama,

and died 07 February 1916 in Chandler (Maricopa) Arizona. He married MARTHA
ELLEN HORTON 24

October 1864 in Alabama. She was born 1842 in Alabama.

Notes for SAMUEL SURATT SELLERS:

1880 Conejos County, Colorado

Conejos Valley

enumerated on 14 June 1880

Page 173A

Samuel S. Sellers, W, M, 35, married, farmer, AL, TN, TN

Martha Sellers, W, F, 37, wife, married, keeping house, AL, AL, MS

Betsy Jane Sellers, W, F, 13, daughter, single, at home, AL, AL, AL

Robert P. Sellers, W, M, 12, son, single, at home, AL, AL, AL

Tennessee Sellers, W, F, 8, daughter, single, at home, AR, AL, AL

Florence Sellers, W, F, 5, daughter, single, at home, AL, AL, AL

Robert Sellers, W, M, 22, nephew, married, farmer, AL, AL, AL

Alice Sellers, W, F, 19, married, Scotland, Scotland, Scotland

Children of SAMUEL SELLERS and MARTHA HORTON are:

i. JOHN L.4 SELLERS, b. 1865, De Kalb County, Alabama.

ii. BETSY JANE SELLERS, b. 1867, De Kalb County, Alabama.

8. iii. ROBERT PRESTON SELLERS, b. 1868, De Kalb County, Alabama; d. Aft.
1930, Maricopa County, Arizona.

iv. RODA SELLERS, b. 1870, De Kalb County, Alabama; d. Bef. 1880.

v. TENNESSEE SELLERS, b. 1872, Arkansas.

Notes for TENNESSEE SELLERS:

Did she marry Samuel Junius Hawks 04 May 1892 recorded in Arizona but listed
as married in Mesa, Adams

County, Idaho? A mistake and meaning Mesa, Arizona? Name was Mary Tennessee
Sellers.

vi. FLORENCE SELLERS, b. 1875, Alabama; m. JOEL SIRRINE, 10 October 1890,
Maricopa County, Arizona.

Generation No. 3

5. VICTORIA F.4 KIRTLAND (MARY ANN3 SELLERS, ROBERT2, JOHN1) was born
November 1871 in

Alabama. She married WILLIAM HONEYCUTT Abt. 1889 in Colorado. He was born
October 1867 in

South Carolina.

5 20 September 2008

Children of VICTORIA KIRTLAND and WILLIAM HONEYCUTT are:

i. WILLIAM J.5 HONEYCUTT, b. October 1890, Colorado.

ii. DOYLE P. HONEYCUTT, b. February 1895, Colorado.

iii. BERNICE M. HONEYCUTT, b. January 1897, Colorado.

iv. ARVIS E. HONEYCUTT, b. September 1898, Colorado.

6. HUGH LEE4 SELLERS (DANIEL RICE3, ROBERT2, JOHN1) was born 22 February
1856 in Larkinsville

(Jackson) Alabama, and died 30 March 1940 in Conejos County, Colorado. He
married (1) MAHALA

MISSOURIA SHELTON 15 December 1874 in De Kalb County, Alabama, daughter of
NATHANIEL

SHELTON and MAHALA HARPER. She was born 04 September 1852 in De Kalb County,
Alabama, and

died 12 November 1906 in Conejos County, Colorado. He married (2) LEONA JANE
VALENTINE 07

October 1909 in Colorado. She was born 20 August 1880 in Jones County,
Mississippi.

Notes for HUGH LEE SELLERS:

1900 Conejos County, Colorado

Precinct 10-Manassa

enumerated on 01 June 1900

Hugh L. Sellers, head, W, M, February 1856, age 44, married 25 years, AL,
AL, AL, farmer

Missouri Sellers, wife, W, F, September 1852, age 47, married 25 years, 9
children born, 8 children

living, AL, VA, TN

James R. Sellers, son, W, M, January 1876, age 24, single, farmer, AL, AL,
AL

Hugh P. Sellers, son, W, M, July 1881, age 18, single, CO, AL, AL, farm
laborer

George W. Sellers, son, W, M, August 1884, age 15, single, CO, AL, AL, farm
laborer

Missouria J. Sellers, daughter, W, F, October 1886, age 13, single, CO, AL,
AL

Ernia R. Sellers, son, W, M, January 1889, age 11, single, CO, AL, AL

I. Milford Sellers, son, W, M, November 1891, age 8, single, CO, AL, AL

Don Carlos Sellers, son, W, M, April 1894, age 6, single, CO, AL, AL

Joseph H. Sellers, nephew, W, M, January 1883, age 17, CO, AL, Scotland,
laborer saw mill

Children of HUGH SELLERS and MAHALA SHELTON are:

i. JAMES ROBERT5 SELLERS, b. 21 January 1876, De Kalb County, Alabama; d. 26
August 1949, Alamosa

(Alamosa) Colorado; m. ELENDER ROSELLA VALENTINE, 08 October 1903, Salt Lake
City (Salt Lake)

Utah.

ii. MARY ELLEN SELLERS, b. 30 December 1877, Pueblo (Pueblo) Colorado; d. 07
March 1960, Alamosa

(Alamosa) Colorado; m. SIDNEY ASKER SEGO, 11 April 1900, Salt Lake City
(Salt Lake) Utah.

iii. HUGH PARLEY SELLERS, b. 29 July 1881, Manassa (Conejos) Colorado; d. 28
April 1959, Trail (Jackson)

Oregon; m. ERMINA BELLE HUGHES, 29 January 1911, Astoria, Colorado or
Oregon.

Notes for HUGH PARLEY SELLERS:

I could not locate Astoria, Colorado but did find a Astoria, Oregon in
Clatsop County.

iv. GEORGE WILLIAM SELLERS, b. 30 August 1884, Manassa (Conejos) Colorado;
d. 15 April 1957, Pueblo

(Pueblo) Colorado; m. DORA BELL GRANTHAM, 15 May 1907, Antonito (Conejos)
Colorado.

v. MISSOURIA JANE SELLERS, b. 17 October 1886, Manassa (Conejos) Colorado;
d. 12 December 1969, Grand

Junction (Mesa) Colorado; m. JOSEPH PARLEY HAYNIE, 22 April 1908, Manassa
(Conejos) Colorado.

vi. ERNIA RICHARD SELLERS, b. 05 January 1889, Manassa (Conejos) Colorado;
d. 02 October 1945.

9. vii. IRA WILFORD SELLERS, b. 01 November 1891, Manassa (Conejos)
Colorado; d. 17 July 1949, Manassa

(Conejos) Colorado.

viii. DON CARLOS SELLERS, b. 08 April 1894, Conejos (Conejos) Colorado; d.
02 May 1960, Manassa (Conejos)

Colorado; m. ELSIE SEGO, 26 November 1930, Sanford (Conejos) Colorado.

ix. CHILD SELLERS, b. Abt. 1897, Conejos County, Colorado; d. Bef. 1900,
Conejos County, Colorado.

7. WILLIAM ROBERT4 SELLERS (DANIEL RICE3, ROBERT2, JOHN1) was born 16
November 1857 in

Larkinsville (Jackson) Alabama, and died 23 November 1886 in Conejos County,
Colorado. He

married ALICE ROBERTSON 02 February 1879 in Conejos County, Colorado. She
was born 1861 in

Scotland.

6 20 September 2008

Notes for WILLIAM ROBERT SELLERS:

1880 Conejos County, Colorado

Conejos Valley

enumerated 14 June 1880

Page 173A

Robert Sellers, W, M, 22, nephew, married, farmer, AL, AL, AL with wife
Alice, 19, Scotland, living

in household of Samuel S. Sellers, age 35, farmer, born AL, TN, TN

Child of WILLIAM SELLERS and ALICE ROBERTSON is:

i. JOSEPH H.5 SELLERS, b. January 1883, Conejos County, Colorado.

Notes for JOSEPH H. SELLERS:

1900 Conejos County, Colorado

living with uncle, Hugh L. Sellers

8. ROBERT PRESTON4 SELLERS (SAMUEL SURATT3, ROBERT2, JOHN1) was born 1868 in
De Kalb

County, Alabama, and died Aft. 1930 in Maricopa County, Arizona. He married
LOUISA HUBER 26

August 1891 in Maricopa County, Arizona. She was born 1877 in Utah, and died
Bet. 1920 - 1930 in

Maricopa County, Arizona.

Notes for ROBERT PRESTON SELLERS:

Family says he was born in Mesa, Arizona

1910 Maricopa County, Arizona

Alma Precinct

enumerated 25 May 1910

Page 22A and B

Robert P. Sellers, head, M, W, 40, M1, married 19 years, AL, US, US, farner

Louisa Sellers, wife, F, W, 33, M1, married 19 years, 8 children born, 7
children living, Utah, France,

Utah

Florence Sellers, daughter, F, W, 17, single, AZ, AL, UT

Myrtle L. Sellers, daughter, F, W, 15, single, AZ, AL, UT

Clarence H. Sellers, son, M, W, 12, single, NM, AL, UT

Robert P. Sellers, Jr., son, M, W, 9, single, NM, AL, UT

Barbara Sellers, daughter, F, W, 6, single, AZ, AL, UT

Esther V. Sellers, daughter, F, W, 3, single, AZ, AL, UT

Samuel S. Sellers, son, M, W, 5/12, single, AZ, AL, UT

1920 Maricopa County, Arizona

Precinct 11 - East Chandler

enumerated 13 January 1920

Page 141B and 142A

Robert P. Sellers, head, M, W, 51, married, AL, AL, AL, farmer

Louisa Sellers, wife, F, W, 42, married, UT, France, UT

Clarence H. Sellers, son, M, W, 22, single, NM, AL, UT, farm laborer

Robert P. Sellers, son, M, W, 19, single, NM, AL, UT,

Barbara Sellers, daughter, F, W, 15, single, AZ, AL, UT

Ester V. Sellers, daughter, F, W, 12, single, AZ, AL, UT

Samuel S. Sellers, son, M, W, 10, single, AZ, AL, UT

Martha E. Sellers, daughter, F, W, 6, single, AZ, AL, UT

Delmer C. Sellers, son, M, W, 3 6/12, single, AZ, AL, UT

Loyd C. Sellers, son, M, W, 1 2/12, single, AZ, AL, UT

1930 Maricopa County, Arizona

7 20 September 2008

West Chandler Precinct

enumerated 02 April 1930

Page 252A

Robert P. Sellers, head, M, W, 62, widowed, age 24 at first marriage, AL,
AL, AL, Justice of the

Peace

Samuel Sellers, son, M, W, 20, single, AZ, AL, UT, auto mechanic, garage

Martha Sellers, daughter, F, W, 16, single, AZ, AL, UT

Delmer Sellers, son, M, W, 12, single, AZ, AL, UT

Lloyd Sellers, son, M, W, 10, single, AZ, AL, UT

Children of ROBERT SELLERS and LOUISA HUBER are:

i. FLORENCE5 SELLERS, b. 1893, Arizona.

ii. MYRTLE LIBBY SELLERS, b. 1895, Arizona.

Notes for MYRTLE LIBBY SELLERS:

Great grandmother to Travis Nelson living in Washington, D. C. in February
2005.

iii. CLARENCE H. SELLERS, b. 1898, New Mexico.

iv. CHILD SELLERS, b. Abt. 1900; d. Abt. 1900.

v. ROBERT PRESTON SELLERS, JR., b. 1901, New Mexico.

vi. BARBARA SELLERS, b. 1904, Arizona.

vii. ESTHER V. SELLERS, b. 1907, Arizona.

viii. SAMUEL S. SELLERS, b. 1910, Maricopa County, Arizona.

ix. MARTHA E. SELLERS, b. 1914, Maricopa County, Arizona.

x. DELMER C. SELLERS, b. 1916, Maricopa County, Arizona.

xi. LLOYD C. SELLERS, b. 1919, Maricopa County, Arizona.

Generation No. 4

9. IRA WILFORD5 SELLERS (HUGH LEE4, DANIEL RICE3, ROBERT2, JOHN1) was born
01 November

1891 in Manassa (Conejos) Colorado, and died 17 July 1949 in Manassa
(Conejos) Colorado. He

married NORA ETTA BRIGGS 06 August 1913 in Manassa (Conejos) Colorado,
daughter of JOHN

BRIGGS and JUDA JOHNSON.

Notes for IRA WILFORD SELLERS:

These are the grandparents of Darla Hardage email

Children of IRA SELLERS and NORA BRIGGS are:

i. VERNON WILFORD6 SELLERS, b. 28 February 1921, Antonito (Conejos)
Colorado; d. 26 December 1967,

San Diego (San Diego) California; m. (1) THORA BAGWELL; m. (2) BETTY LOU
PACE.

ii. MARIETA EMMA SELLERS, b. 04 April 1925, Manassa (Conejos) Colorado; d.
13 April 1998, Escondido

(San Diego) California; m. ANTHON VERDELL GIBSON, 22 March 1943, Pueblo
(Pueblo) Colorado.