SESSIONS-L Archives

Archiver > SESSIONS > 2005-04 > 1113087127

Subject: Re: Sessions...North or South
Date: 9 Apr 2005 16:52:07 -0600

Surnames: Sessions/ Meacham/ Darling
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/TeGBAEB/337.1

Message Board Post:

Ira Sessions is the son of Darius Session...I am not yet sure of the parentage of Darius. Ira was born in Stowe VT area. He later moved to Rush Twp., Champaign Co., OH with his father. I believe John W. Sessions (methodist clergyman) m. Adaline Churchill may be a sib. Ira later moved to Dewitt, IL.

They had 5 children that I know of: Julia b. 1825 m. Abiel Cushman, Marcellus b. abt 1828, George, b. abt 1832, Mary b. abt 1839, and ED (could be Erasmus or Darwin Edward).

I have a bit more specific info on children and dates if needed. I am trying to connect Ira to a Darius Sessions m. 1842 to Analine Meacham.

Below is census information:

5)Ira Sessions m. Tirzah B. Darling
b. abt 1800/03
d.
m. 18 jan 1825 Stowe, VT

1830 Census Stowe, Washington, VT
1 male < 5 (? Or ?Darwin)
1 male 20 – 30 (Ira)
1 female < 5 (Julia)
2 females 20 – 30 (Tirzah)

1840 Census Rush Twp, Champaign Co., OH
2 males 5 – 10 (George, Darwin)
1 male 10 – 15 ???
1 male 30 – 40 (Ira)
1 female < 5 (Mary)
1 female 10 – 15 (Julia)
1 female 30 – 40 (Tirzah?)

1850Census Dewitt, IL
Ira Sessions 47 VT
Turzah 50 VT
Darwin E 19 VT
George W 19 VT
Mary S 11 OH

1860 Census Waynesville, Dewitt, IL
Ira Sessions Waynesville, DeWitt, IL 56 1803 Vermont Male
Thersa B Sessions Waynesville, DeWitt, IL 59 1800 Vermont Female
Joseph Graham Waynesville, DeWitt, IL 25 1834 O Male
Mary Graham Waynesville, DeWitt, IL 20 1839 O Female
Chas Graham Waynesville, DeWitt, IL 2 1857 Illinois Male
Wilber Graham Waynesville, DeWitt, IL 1 1858 Illinois Male

1870
Not found

1880Census Waynesville, Dewitt, IL
Ira Sessions 76 VT living with son Edward D (Darwin E) and family

This thread: