SEXTON-L Archives

Archiver > SEXTON > 1997-07 > 0869833715

From: tklaiber <>
Subject: Thomas Gallion Documentation
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 08:28:35 -0400

Thomas alias Sexton Gallion Sep 1 1813 enlisted GRAYSON CO VA [claim 10277 SC14296] in July 1820 married in FLOYD CO KY under surname of Gallion [E & SE KY by Kozee p38]. then under an act of the court of CARTER COUNTY KY dated 11 Jan 1845 the name was hereby changed to THOMAS GALLION but the act is signed 20 Jan 1852.

NOTE: There are several published magazine articles giving assumptions of parentage. However no proof has been found confirming uncited materials. As a follow up any information that can be documented for the following is appreciated:

JOHN SEXTON m. Susan Collins resided in Lawrence Co KY
and BARTLETT SEXTON m. Catherine resided in Carter/Boyd Co KY.