SFHG-L Archives

Archiver > SFHG > 2002-02 > 1014025672

From: "Lesley Christine Potter" <>
Subject: [SFHG] Re Stansted Parish
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:50:48 +1000

Hi All
I have just received a marriage certificate in 1887 and it says the
marriage was solemnized in the Christ Church in the Parish of Stansted. I
cannot find any such Parish in Philimores Atlas, so can anyone please tell
me where Stansted may be. The Bride came from Forest Side, and the Groom a
R'way Porter from it looks like 'Sonthold' very hard to understand the
writing, and I can't recognize the name of any such place.
Many thanks for any enlightenment
Lesley Potter
Mem No 5216

Sussex...........Ede-Foster-Hall-Shier-Powell-Mariner
Hampshire......Powell-Mariner-Hall-Shier-Small & Wilkes
Berkshire........Sadler-Fulker
Wiltshire.........Blanchard-Lanham
Devon............Zelley-Evely-Vile-Gidney-Goodwood
London..........Hughes-Hateley

This thread: