SFHG-L Archives

Archiver > SFHG > 2003-04 > 1050279399

Subject: [SFHG] RE George Albert Hembert Cave
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 20:16:42 EDT

Hello Listers,

I am still searching for any information on my grand father GEORGE ALBERT
HEMBERT CAVE who on his marriage certificate here in Australia in 1902 gave
his mother Bessie and father Albert( both deceased )and that he was born
1869/70 in Brighton England.
Have sent for Birth Certificate but not registered search done for 10 years .

I have been trying to following the lead given to me last time of a GEORGE A
HEMBER age 12 on the 1881 census, mother Elizabeth , widow ,Grocer and also
sent for his birth certificate but again not registered. Have checked
fiche for 1891 but family had left 31 George Street, Brighton address given
on 1881 census.

Have written to the Senior Archivist at East Sussex Record office who said
all births should have been registered since 1837, however prior to 1875
there was no penalty for non registrations. One study shows a shortfall of
33%.

Note that 31 George street, Brighton is now a book shop and perhaps in 1881
was a grocer shop.

I would be most grateful for any help or information that could lead me to
finding out about my grandfather and family.

Regards,

Jan,
N.S.W. Australia.

This thread: