SFHG-L Archives

Archiver > SFHG > 2003-09 > 1063708617

From: "Richard Akhurst" <>
Subject: [SFHG] GOWER : HUGGETT : RICHARD FOORD AKEHURST
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:36:57 +0100

Hi Everyone,

Some time ago Angela Hollands sent me the following which can be found on
www.vladyeti.freeserve.co.uk/ann_gower.htm :-

quote

ANN GOWER (later HUGGETT, then AKEHURST)

Christened on 1st September 1782, in Ringmer, East Sussex, England.

Daughter of Richard Gower and Sarah Gower (nee Pelham).

Sister of William Gower, Richard Gower, Sarah Gower and Marianne Gower.

Married John Hover Huggett on 9th April 1802 at Berwick, East Sussex.

Mother of Nance Huggett, William Huggett, David Huggett, Caroline Huggett,
Charlotte Huggett, James Huggett, Silas Huggett, Cornelius Huggett and Sarah
Huggett..

Widowed when John died in 1820 or 1822.

Married Richard Foord Akehurst on 25th February 1825, at Alfriston, East
Sussex.

Lived in Litlington in 1851, with her husband, her daughter Ann Harris,
son-in-law Henry Harris, and grandchildren Richard, Margaret, Absolom, David
and Frank Harris.

Ann Akehurst (nee Gower) was my (ie. the website owner's)
great-great-great-great-great-grandmother
(my father's mother's mother's father's mother's mother's mother).

unquote

Regards
Judith

Researching Akehurst + variants worldwide

This thread: