SHACKELFORD-L Archives

Archiver > SHACKELFORD > 1999-02 > 0919314883

From: Joe Carnahan <>
Subject: [SHACKELFORD-L] My Shackelford Line -
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 21:14:43 -0800

Hello fellow Shackelford hunters. I just joined the group and wanted to
introduce myself. I have noticed several other postings on my lines
brothers and sisters. Thought this might help some of the others out
there. I have copies of bible records, old family letters, etc. Willing
to share with those of my line. Please feel free to discuss or correct
me.

Hope you enjoy.
Joe Carnahan

Descendants of John Shackelford

Generation No. 1

1. JOHN1 SHACKELFORD.

Children of JOHN SHACKELFORD are:
i. INGRAM2 SHACKELFORD, d. 1636.
ii. SARAH SHACKELFORD.
iii. ANNE SHACKELFORD.
iv. JOHN SHACKELFORD, b. 1627.
2. v. ROGER SHACKELFORD, b. 1629.
vi. CHARLES SHACKELFORD, b. 1630.
vii. CHRISTOPHER SHACKELFORD, b. 1632.

Generation No. 2

2. ROGER2 SHACKELFORD (JOHN1) was born 1629. He married MARY PALMER.

Notes for ROGER SHACKELFORD:
Married Mary Palmer. From Isabella Dean's notes. "Roger was baptised
1629, born in Old Alresford Hampshire, England. Came to Gloster County,
Va., 1649 or 1659. Married Mary Palmer when boat landed. Her brother
(Martin) was the captain of the boat".

Children of ROGER SHACKELFORD and MARY PALMER are:
3. i. ROGER3 SHACKELFORD.
ii. JAMES SHACKELFORD, m. ELIZABETH ROBBINS.
iii. FRANCIS SHACKELFORD, m. SARAH VIRGINIA LEWIS.
iv. JOHN SHACKELFORD.
v. ZACHARIAH SHACKELFORD.
vi. BENJAMIN SHACKELFORD, m. SARAH ?.
vii. CHARLES SHACKELFORD.
viii. WILLIAM SHACKELFORD.
ix. CARLER SHACKELFORD.

Generation No. 3

3. ROGER3 SHACKELFORD (ROGER2, JOHN1). He married CAREY BAKER,
daughter of JOHN BAKER and JUDITH WOODS.

More About CAREY BAKER:
Will: 1798, Lived in Berkley County, Va. This from Isabella Dean's notes

Children of ROGER SHACKELFORD and CAREY BAKER are:
4. i. JOHN4 SHACKELFORD.
ii. WILLIAM SHACKELFORD.
iii. SARAH SHACKELFORD, m. STEPHEN COLLINS.

More About STEPHEN COLLINS:
Will: 1831, Isabella Dean's notes.

iv. ROGER SHACKELFORD JR., m. NANCY CARTER.
v. ELIZABETH SHACKELFORD, m. JOHN GLASS.
vi. RICHARD SHACKELFORD, m. MARY ANN ROBERTS.

Notes for MARY ANN ROBERTS:
Lived in Alabama

vii. JAMES SHACKELFORD, m. DRUSSILA.

Generation No. 4

4. JOHN4 SHACKELFORD (ROGER3, ROGER2, JOHN1). He married FRANCES WADE
BUTLER.

Notes for FRANCES WADE BUTLER:
Her father was Edmund and grandfather Thomas.

Children of JOHN SHACKELFORD and FRANCES BUTLER are:
5. i. JAMES5 SHACKELFORD, d. February 1829.
ii. ANNIE EVELYN SHACKELFORD.
iii. SUSANNAH SHACKELFORD.
iv. ELIZABETH SHACKELFORD.
v. MARTHA SHACKELFORD.
vi. MARY SHACKELFORD.
vii. NANCY SHACKELFORD.
viii. EDMUND SHACKELFORD.
ix. MEREDITH SHACKELFORD.
x. FRANCES WADE SHACKELFORD.

Generation No. 5

5. JAMES5 SHACKELFORD (JOHN4, ROGER3, ROGER2, JOHN1) died February
1829. He married MARY BRODNAX.

Notes for JAMES SHACKELFORD:
Cousin to Sam Houston.

Notes for MARY BRODNAX:
First wife.

Children of JAMES SHACKELFORD and MARY BRODNAX are:
i. JOHN WADE6 SHACKELFORD.
ii. JAMES BROADNAX SHACKELFORD.
iii. ROBERT SHACKELFORD.
iv. MEREDITH SHACKELFORD.
v. RICHARD SHACKELFORD.
vi. SUSAN SHACKELFORD.
vii. MARY HARRIET SHACKELFORD.
viii. FRANCES BUTLER SHACKELFORD.
ix. MARTHA SHACKELFORD.
6. x. EDWARD FREDERICK AUGUSTUS SHACKELFORD, b. 1809; d. 1854.

Generation No. 6

6. EDWARD FREDERICK AUGUSTUS6 SHACKELFORD (JAMES5, JOHN4, ROGER3,
ROGER2, JOHN1) was born 1809, and died 1854. He married MARY HENDERSON
BOGLE.

Notes for EDWARD FREDERICK AUGUSTUS SHACKELFORD:
Welsh & Scotch

Notes for MARY HENDERSON BOGLE:
Irish from the House of Lee.

Children of EDWARD SHACKELFORD and MARY BOGLE are:
i. MARTHA CORNELIA7 SHACKELFORD, m. M. BUTLER.
ii. MARGARET JANE SHACKELFORD, m. LOKEY.
iii. MARY RACHEL SHACKELFORD, m. BROWN.
iv. WILLIAM FRANCIS SHACKELFORD.
v. SAMUEL BOGEL SHACKELFORD.
vi. EDWIN MEREDITH SHACKELFORD.
vii. JAMES SHACKELFORD.
viii. ROSEANA SHACKELFORD, m. EDWARDS.
7. ix. FRANCES ANN SHACKELFORD, b. May 04, 1833, Mobile, Alabama; d.
October 31, 1929, Rapides Cemetery, Pineville, Rapides, Louisiana.

Generation No. 7

7. FRANCES ANN7 SHACKELFORD (EDWARD FREDERICK AUGUSTUS6, JAMES5, JOHN4,
ROGER3, ROGER2, JOHN1) was born May 04, 1833 in Mobile, Alabama, and
died October 31, 1929 in Rapides Cemetery, Pineville, Rapides,
Louisiana. She married WILLIAM FRANKLIN CARNAHAN November 29, 1849 in
Rapides Parish, Louisiana, son of JOHN CARNAHAN and MARCIA HARRSION.

Notes for FRANCES ANN SHACKELFORD:
Copy of Louisiana State Board of Health Bureau of Vital Statistics
Certificate of Death. Have copy on file.

This thread: