SHAHAN-L Archives

Archiver > SHAHAN > 2000-02 > 0949499548

From: <>
Subject: [SHAHAN-L] Happy Shahan
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:52:28 EST

Larry,

Sorry to to take so long getting back to your question on Happy Shahan's kin.
Had to search for this information I had filed away.

James Tullis (Happy) Shahan was born in Whitehouse, TX July 24, 1915. His
parents were James William Shahan and Georgia Pearl Messer Shahan;
grandparents were Andrew Jackson Shahan and Nancy Florence Hill Shahan.
Happy and his wife Virginia Webb Shahan had three children. Jamie Virginia
married ___ Rains; Tulisha Ann married _______ Wardlaw and James T./Tully
Shahan II.

Happy had 2 siblings; Curtis Shahan married Mary Nell and Floy Bell married
Conley Shackelford.

There is a very informative book about Shahan's from Whitehouse Tex. Title -
ByGones by Shirley Smith. In Feb 1987 Shirley Smith lived in Whitehouse, TX.
Book may still be in print.

Hope this information will help someone.

Yes, Larry I have remarried; his name is Claude W. Taylor. He is from my
hometown, Denton, TX. In fact we used to date in the late 40s. After my
husband died and Claude was single, we very fortunately got together again
and as the saying goes - the rest is history. Happiness rules again.

Phoebe Tarver-Taylor

This thread: