SHARP-L ArchivesArchiver > SHARP > 2006-07 > 1151840788
From: "gene" <>
Subject: Sharp and Hackett
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 07:56:12 -0400
References: <200604130903.k3D93QCt013497@lists5.rootsweb.com> <022a01c69daf$c54726d0$2f01a8c0@JANS>
My search is for any information regarding the Sharp and Hackett families. If you see any connection please contact me at Thank you, Gene Wyrick
Descendants of George Sharp
Generation No. 1
1. GEORGE1 SHARP was born 1730, and died June 07, 1812 in Washington Co. Pennsylvania. He married (1) MARY TAYLOR 1750. She was born Abt. 1730, and died Bef. 1802 in Washington Co. Pennsylvania. He married (2) RACHEL INGRAM JOHNSON 1802. She was born Abt. 1734.
Notes for GEORGE SHARP:
Records seem to indicate he was born in either Washington, Cumberland, Lancaster, Perry or Chester County, Pennsylvania. He was a member of the North Buffalo Presbyterian Church in Washington County, Pennsylvania and became a captain in the 1st Co. 3rd Battalion, Washington Co. Militia 1781-82. His farm called "Gooseberry Hill" was located in Hopewell Twp.
Notes for RACHEL INGRAM JOHNSON:
She was the widow of Ephraim Johnson who died in 1800 and the Johnson's had a farm close to George's in Hopewell Twp.
Children of GEORGE SHARP and MARY TAYLOR are:
i. MARGARET JEAN2 SHARP, b. 1751, Pennsylvania; d. April 26, 1826, Harrison County, Ohio; m. JOHN MCFADDEN, 1771; b. 1746, Dublin, Ireland; d. April 13, 1835.
Notes for MARGARET JEAN SHARP:
She and John are buried at the Old Cadiz Cemetery, Cadiz, Ohio.
ii. JANE SHARP, b. 1753, Pennsylvania; d. Morgan Co. Ohio.
iii. SARAH SHARP, b. 1755.
2. iv. GEORGE JR. SHARP, b. 1757, Pennsylvania; d. October 17, 1840, Wayne County, Ohio.
v. MARY SHARP, b. 1759, Pennsylvania; m. ISAAC ANDERSON, 1812; b. Abt. 1756.
3. vi. JOSEPH SHARP, b. 1760, Pennsylvania; d. March 06, 1815, Belmont County, Ohio.
vii. JOHN SHARP, b. 1762, Cumberland Co. Pa.; d. June 11, 1827, Ohio; m. ELIZABETH DENNY, 1790; b. July 13, 1764, Cumberland Co. Pa.; d. September 24, 1840.
Notes for JOHN SHARP:
He lived in Wheating, Pa. and by 1797 had located to Chillicothe, Ohio. He died in either Ross or Pickaway Co. and is buried at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Kingston, Ohio.
viii. THOMAS SHARP, b. 1768; d. December 29, 1825, Harrison County, Ohio; m. JANE TAYLOR; b. February 1766; d. April 24, 1859, Cadiz, Ohio.
ix. NANCY SHARP, b. 1769; m. MR. WEIR; b. Abt. 1756.
Generation No. 2
2. GEORGE JR.2 SHARP (GEORGE1) was born 1757 in Pennsylvania, and died October 17, 1840 in Wayne County, Ohio. He married MARY OFFICER September 02, 1788 in Loysville, Pennsylvania, daughter of WILLIAM OFFICER and ELEANOR SIMISON. She was born 1762 in Tryone Twp. Perry Co. Pa., and died 1833.
Notes for GEORGE JR. SHARP:
George served in the Revolution War as a Private from Pa. The were married at Centre Church, Perry County, Pennsylvania by Rev. John Linn. This is in Shermans Valley, Perry County (then Cumberland County). George died in 1840 at age 83 and is buried in the Tracy cemetery, 2 miles east of Apple Creek on route 250 E. Union Township. (Some records place his death as being in Cumberland Co. Pa.) Source of data partly from Family History, George H. Rutledge "Descendants of James Officer 1690-1980" compiled 1 Nov 1982 by George Rutledge, 221 George Street, Hanover, Pa. 17331.
Children of GEORGE SHARP and MARY OFFICER are:
i. JOHN3 SHARP, b. 1790, Tryone Twp. Perry Co. Pa.; d. 1832; m. JANE MCCARREL, 1810; b. 1792.
ii. WILLIAM SHARP, b. 1793, Tryone Twp. Perry Co. Pa..
iii. MATTHEW SHARP, b. 1796, Tryone Twp. Perry Co. Pa.; m. JOHANNE TRACEY, 1816; b. 1798.
iv. JAMES O. SHARP, b. 1798, Tryone Twp. Perry Co. Pa.; d. 1838; m. MARGARET CROSBY, 1820; b. 1799.
Notes for JAMES O. SHARP:
Their children are Mary Margaret b. 1821, Elizabeth Sarah 1823 and William P. 1825.
4. v. ELEANOR NELLIE SHARP, b. 1800, Tryone Twp. Perry Co. Pa.; d. 1833.
vi. GEORGE JR. SHARP, b. 1802, Tryone Twp. Perry Co. Pa.; d. 1853; m. ELIZABETH FLUHART, March 09, 1830, Wayne County, Ohio; b. 1805.
Notes for GEORGE JR. SHARP:
Their children are Thomas born 1830, Elizabeth b. 1832, Mary Jane 1834, Silas H. 1836, James 1838, Sarah S. 1840, Eleanor 1842, George W. 1844 and Sophronia born 1846.
5. vii. NANCY SHARP, b. 1804, Tryone Twp. Perry Co. Pa.; d. 1882.
3. JOSEPH2 SHARP (GEORGE1) was born 1760 in Pennsylvania, and died March 06, 1815 in Belmont County, Ohio. He married AGNES HENDERSON Abt. 1779. She was born 1759, and died May 24, 1836 in Belmont County, Ohio.
Notes for JOSEPH SHARP:
He may have been born in Ireland. He was a captain in Rev. War. and he and wife Agnes are buried at Old Uniontown cemetery (Taggart Cemetery) in Belmont County, Ohio. Joseph and Agnes children include: William 1785-1835, James, Joseph 1800--1870, Nancy Agnes 1782-1883, Margaret, and Mary.
Child of JOSEPH SHARP and AGNES HENDERSON is:
6. i. GEORGE3 SHARP, b. November 15, 1781; d. 1840.
Generation No. 3
4. ELEANOR NELLIE3 SHARP (GEORGE JR.2, GEORGE1) was born 1800 in Tryone Twp. Perry Co. Pa., and died 1833. She married GEORGE HACKETT 1818 in Cumberland Co. Pennsylvania, son of JAMES HACKETT and MARTHA OFFICER. He was born April 01, 1796 in Pennsylvania, and died 1878.
Notes for GEORGE HACKETT:
It appears that George and Eleanor are first cousins. Marriage performed by Archibald Hanna, MG. Records indicate that he received land near Applecreek, Ohio and the land grant was signed by President John Quincy Adams.
Children of ELEANOR SHARP and GEORGE HACKETT are:
i. WILLIAM4 HACKETT, b. Abt. 1819, Cumberland Co. Pa..
ii. NELLIE HACKETT, b. Abt. 1820, Cumberland Co. Pa..
5. NANCY3 SHARP (GEORGE JR.2, GEORGE1) was born 1804 in Tryone Twp. Perry Co. Pa., and died 1882. She married ROBERT HACKETT October 15, 1823 in Wayne Co. Ohio, son of JAMES HACKETT and MARTHA OFFICER. He was born 1800 in Cumberland Co. Pa..
Notes for ROBERT HACKETT:
Some researchers indicate the marriage took place in Cumberland County, Pa. however, records show that Robert and Nancy were married by M.G. Archibald Hanna of Wayne County, Ohio.
Children of NANCY SHARP and ROBERT HACKETT are:
i. WILLIAM4 HACKETT, b. Abt. 1821; d. Aft. 1900; m. SARAH E. TRACY, October 06, 1870, Wayne County, Ohio; b. 1841, Wayne County, Ohio; d. 1906.
Notes for WILLIAM HACKETT:
Records say William was deaf. One record indicates his birth has 1821, another at 1825.
Notes for SARAH E. TRACY:
Her parents are Jacob Tracy and Pheobe Ann Dunham and she was born in East Union Township.
ii. JAMES HACKETT, b. Abt. 1822.
iii. GEORGE HACKETT, b. Abt. 1824.
iv. LOGAN HACKETT, b. Abt. 1825.
v. MARTHA HACKETT, b. Abt. 1827.
6. GEORGE3 SHARP (JOSEPH2, GEORGE1) was born November 15, 1781, and died 1840. He married NANCY HENDERSON Abt. 1810. She was born 1782, and died 1864.
Child of GEORGE SHARP and NANCY HENDERSON is:
i. JOHN4 SHARP, b. 1819; d. 1900.
|Sharp and Hackett by "gene" <>|