SHAUGHNESSY-L Archives

Archiver > SHAUGHNESSY > 2011-11 > 1320199143

From: "Megan McKenzie" <>
Subject: [SHAUGHNESSY] Shaughnessy/Minahan postings.
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 12:29:03 +1030

thank you for the enquiry re William B. Minahan's siblings. Your reply
was of course for William B. & Mary's children - one point I would make (and
I know this can change) but Mary, together with other family members never
had the "O" in front of their name. I have documents of births,
deaths etc., and also Griffiths valuations and I find that is the case for
all their family. Whether there is any significance in that is
anyone's guess.

Now to answer your original question.

Roger Minahan c 1801 m. Margaret Burke c 1811

Chidren were

William Burke Minahan 1834
Bridget Minahan 1837
Patrick Minahan 1839
John Minahan 1843
Sarah Minahan 1847
Mary Minahan 1850

The book Genealogy written by Michael Cowan Walter and his sister Dinah
Walter has quite a lot of information on the Minahan family with its various
spellings. 1880 census Minaghan, another is Minaughan.

Hope this is of some help to you, and if you would like to contact me
offline I have other information I could share with you.

Megan Shaughnessy Mckenzie.
Mount Gambier
South Australia