SHELTON-L Archives

Archiver > SHELTON > 2009-09 > 1254238609

From: ,
Subject: [SHELTON] Spotwood Shelton, Overton Co., TN
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:36:49 -0000

Author: kwittib
Surnames: Shelton
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.shelton/3447/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Spot/Spotwood Shelton was born 2/16/1854 in Tennessee and died 2/2/1930 in Overton Co., TN. He married Nancy France, daughter of Harvy and Catharine (Speck) France. Daughter Lou/Lula Mae (4/29/1877-12/20/1934) married John Speck. I have not been able to find his 1860 census record. The 1870 record shows him (age 16) living with Samantha (age 49, his mom?) in Overton Co. Samantha was born in Alabama and was "keeping house"; Spot was "working for support." No other people in the household. I would appreciate any information on Spot's family. Thank you very much!

Important Note: