SHERROD-L Archives

Archiver > SHERROD > 2006-10 > 1160706041

Subject: Re: [SHERROD] Thomas Sherrod
Date: 12 Oct 2006 20:20:41 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/EFHBAEB/196.1

Message Board Post:

Karen

You and I have corresponded but I failed to get mailing address; I have found Thomas Sherrod living in Lee County MS and his son Felix Grundy was living nearby on 1870 census. Pertandy was in Bells TN in 1880 living on a farm with son Felix Grundy Sherrod. She is buried in Belleview Cemetery in Bells beside her son William Wilson. It appears Thomas Sherrod died about 1877 or 78. All I have is a newspaper clipping "Thomas Sherrod died Thursday and will be buried in Hopper Cemetery". When he and Purtandy married in 1836 he indicated he was from Robertson County Tennessee but I haven't been able to connect him to the William Henry Sherrod who lived there.
Jo Sherrod Lewis

p.s. My son lives in Shelbyville; tried to find your address last weekend

This thread: