SHERWOOD-L Archives

Archiver > SHERWOOD > 2000-05 > 0959376630

Subject: [SHERWOOD] Jesse Sherwood, b. 3 Apr 1827, OH
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:30:30 -0500

Trying to find the parents of Jesse Sherwood, b. 3 Apr 1827, OH. He m.
Janette Smith 19 Sep 1850, Miami Co., OH. I was told his father was
Austis (only one I can find is a female) and that Austis married a
Holmes. It's possible that Jesse could be a child of David S. Sherwood
listed below.

A Peter V. and David S. Sherwood settled in Shelby Co., Green Twp., OH in
1831. The 1850 census for Shelby Co., Green Twp. has the following:

Peter Sherwood 51 NJ
(d 6 May 1887, 87y 7m 7d)
Clara (Clarissa)43(1807-1888)
William18 (1832-1913)
Abigal16
David14(1836-1910)
Lucinda11
Sarah10
Eliza8
Peter, Clarissa, William and David & wife buried
Fletcher Cem., Miami Co.

David Sherwood47 OH -- No info on death or where buried.
Chloe (Brown)43 (A Chloe Sherwood m. Joseph Kerbey 16 Jan 1858, Miami
Co.)
Stephen17
Ennis16
Sarah12
Cornelius9
Prudence3
(b. 27 Dec 1845; d. 29 Oct 1932
Buried Casstown Cem., Casstown, Miami County, OH - m. Jacob Helvie)

In 1860 Jesse & family are in Brown Twp., Fletcher, Miami Co., OH and
moved to Illinois in 1871 and are buried in Shelby Co., Illinois. Don't
know where they were in 1870.

Judy

This thread: