SHUTTLEWORTH-L Archives

Archiver > SHUTTLEWORTH > 2004-06 > 1086909171

Subject: Thomas Shuttleworth of colonial MD
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:12:51 EDT

Descendants of Thomas Shuttleworth

Generation No. 1

1. Thomas2 Shuttleworth (?1) was born Abt. 1630, and died in Charles
County, Maryland.

Notes for Thomas Shuttleworth:
Thomas Shuttleworth settled in Charles County, Maryland along the Potomac
River about 1662. In 1665 (book 11,569) he obtained a warrant for 200 acres
of land along Goose Bay of the Potomac River in Charles County, Maryland which
he followed with a patent for that 200 acres in 1668 (book 12,424( called
Doncaster. He followed by adding a patent for 50 acres called New Street in 1670
(book 21, 254). He is known to have had a son Edward and a daughter Lydia,
Edward receiving as a gift the 150 acre plantation called Horne Faire in 1682
from WIlliam Nevill. However, there are no Shuttleworth records indexed in the
Maryland archives after that and it is possible that Thomas descendants died
out and cousins recieved the property through some connection in England. To
date I have not been able to piece together enough Shuttleworth records to prove
the connection from Thomas To his alleged great granddaughter Anne that
married Richard Wethington. But I haven't given up yet. It will take more trips to
the Maryland Archives.
Subj: Re: Anne Shuttleworth, SHUTTLESWORTH of Maryland