SILVER-L Archives

Archiver > SILVER > 2009-03 > 1237545762

From: ,
Subject: Re: [SILVER] Silver of Russia?
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:42:42 -0000

Author: write2fight
Surnames: Abraham Boris Barney Helen Dora
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.silver/723.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I should get more info from my Aunt Helen.Her father,like my dad Abraham, descended from Boris Silver-my grandpa that died before my birth.He was born in a part of Poland,or White Russia,that frequently changed between Poland and Russia,around 1890?.Grandpa Boris,or Barney settled in Brooklyn,then moved to Newark around 1941.I believe he emigrated around the early 1900s maybe around 1910.We never knew anyone from his side of the family,I believe he had a few brothers and sisters,and one moved to Seattle,but I can't find any public records of my grandpa silver.My late father once told me that the original family name was Zilberfeld,before emigrating,but that has not revealed much info to me yet.he married my grandma Dora,from Odessa,nee Zaslofsky-she died in atlantic City in 1995.Don't know if this helps you,or hinders you.

Important Note: