SILVER-L Archives

Archiver > SILVER > 2009-03 > 1237546933

From: ,
Subject: Re: [SILVER] Ida Silver - Russia
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:02:13 -0000

Author: write2fight
Surnames: Dora Boris Barney Helen Abraham
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.silver/319.3/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

my Grandfather Boris or Barney Silver was from Russia or Poland,and died before my birth>he settled in Brooklyn and was a prompter(the guy who holds cue cards in the pit,in the old Jewish theatre there,He married my Grandma Dora zaslofsky,who was from Odessa,but I believe they met in America.In the early'40s my grandparents moved to Newark,and my Aunt Helen is still alive,my father Abraham died in 2000.I have never known anyone from Grandpa Silver's family,but I know he had brothers and sisters,I think a brother Joe in New York,and another brother that settled in Seattle(though I am vague on this)I have been unable to find any death records on my Grandpa,but maybe my Aunt Helen can help me fill in some blanks.My late father told me that as a kid they used to go to Joel Grey's house(Cabaret fame,with a famous father)because he liked the candy dish they used to treat him from.

Important Note: