SIMS-L Archives

Archiver > SIMS > 1999-09 > 0938020306

From: <>
Subject: Fw: Trying to find kin folks
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:11:46 -0500

Here is the information I have on my Sims relatives hope this helps you out.
This was provided to me by Colleen Sims Reiswig

RG
Hi Roy,
I just sent this report to you sister Marilyn. This is all I have so
far on the history. Like I told you on the phone, I don't think will be
able to go back beyond Mary Elizabeth.

Descendants of MARY ELIZABETH SIMS

Generation No. 1

1. MARY ELIZABETH1 SIMS was born 1855, and died February 1900 in JACKSON
PARISH, LA.

Notes for MARY ELIZABETH SIMS:

Information given by Mary Porteous (great-grand daughter) from memory of her
conversations with her grandfather Riley Lisha Sims.

Mary Elizabeth had 3 children, but was never married. It was hinted that the
children she bore were fathered by a married man. She raised them with her
family name: Sims. She had a brother (quite a bit older) who was a professor
at Alabama University. She was known to spend quite a lot of time in the New
Orleans area. A family she stayed with occasionally had the name of Talbot
or Talbet. (unsure of spelling)

More About MARY ELIZABETH SIMS:

Event 1: 1900, BURIED IN CHATHAM, JACKSON PARISH, LA

Children of MARY ELIZABETH SIMS are:

i. WILLIAM2 SIMS, b. Unknown; d. Unknown.

Notes for WILLIAM SIMS:

Note*** There is a William D. Sims buried in the Dermott, Ark. cemetery

b. Aug. 24, 1866 d. Dec. 31, 1912

Don't know if it is the same person.

2. ii. RILEY LISHA SIMS, b. February 14, 1875, ALABAMA; d. October 7, 1950,
DERMOTT, CHICOT COUNTY, ARKANSAS.

3. iii. LOUELLA SIMS, b. Unknown.

Generation No. 2

2. RILEY LISHA2 SIMS (MARY ELIZABETH1) was born February 14, 1875 in
ALABAMA, and died October 7, 1950 in DERMOTT, CHICOT COUNTY, ARKANSAS. He
married (1) MARTHA J. CRAIN July 16, 1891 in Luisisana. He married (2) MARY
ANN SOUTHERN April 16, 1899 in JACKSON PARISH, LUSISIANA, daughter of
WILLIAM SOUTHERN and RACHEL FILHIOL.

Notes for RILEY LISHA SIMS:

* SEE NOTES UNDER BERTHA SIMS

More About RILEY LISHA SIMS:

Cause of Death: HYPERTENSIVE HEART DISEASE-CEREBRAL APOPLEXY

Fact 7: 1911, MOVED TO ARKANSAS FOR REMAINDER OF LIFE

Occupation: FARMER

Notes for MARY ANN SOUTHERN:

Mary died at her daughter Bertha's home in Korbel, California where she had
been living for a while. She was buried in Crescent City, CA. Several of her
children are also buried there.

More About MARY ANN SOUTHERN:

Cause of Death: STROKE

Occupation: HOUSEWIFE

Residence: LAST FEW MONTHS OF HER LIFE LIVED WITH DAUGHTER, BERTHA

Child of RILEY SIMS and MARTHA CRAIN is:

i. BELLE3 SIMS, b. ABT 1892; d. Unknown.

Children of RILEY SIMS and MARY SOUTHERN are:

4. ii. MAUDE MAY3 SIMS, b. February 12, 1900, WINN PARISH, LOUISANA; d.
November 4, 1981, MONROE, LOUISANA.

5. iii. WILLIAM ILEY SIMS, b. November 15, 1901, WINN PARISH, LOUISANA; d.
March 1981, CRESENT CITY, CALIFORNIA.

6. iv. HENRY LEE SIMS, b. September 9, 1903, WINN PARISH, LOUISIANA; d. June
8, 1988, BIDDEFORD,MAINE (BURIED SOCO, MAINE).

v. WILEY BURTON SIMS, b. October 13, 1905, WINN PARISH, LOUISANA; d. 1953,
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (BURIED CRESCANT CITY, CA); m. BESSIE SPAKES.

More About WILEY BURTON SIMS:

Medical Information: DIED WHILE UNDERGOING SURGERY FOR LUNG CANCER. STANFORD
LANE HOSPITAL, SAN FRANCISCO, CA

7. vi. LISHA ALLEN SIMS, b. December 2, 1908, WINN PARISH, LOUISANA; d.
1946, BURIED IN DERMOTT, ARKANSAS.

vii. HARVEY PRESTON SIMS, b. January 6, 1911, WINN PARISH, LOUISANA; d.
1936, DERMOTT, AR. BURIED AT COMENTO, AR.; m. MAUD RINGO.

8. viii. BERTHA ELIZABETH SIMS, b. October 6, 1913, DERMOTT, CHICOT COUNTY,
ARKANSAS; d. December 22, 1992, EUREKA, CALIFORNIA.

9. ix. HUSTON ARNOLD SIMS, b. April 8, 1915, CHICOT COUNTY, ARKANSAS; d.
July 20, 1991.

10. x. WINFRED LARKIN SIMS, b. April 11, 1919, DREW COUNTY, ARKANSAS; d.
April 1987, NORTH CAROLINA.
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
- -------------------------------------

HEllo Friends,
I'm new to the list. Looking for Sims and Davis's in the Tallapoosa Co. (Al)
area. GG-Mother was Sara Jane Sims.She was a Davis before she married.Her
Daddy's name was William Davis. Her mother's name was Judie. She married
William Sims. They had 2 children. William Sims of Dadeville born 1882
married a woman name Minnie? from Lafayette Al and Rebecca Sims born 1899
married Ed Voss from Sand Mountain,Al. They lived in Riverview, AL. I don't
know anything about GG-GDad William Sims family. I don't have any names to
go on.William Davis had a son named Joseph and two daughters Sarah and
Elizabeth. Joseph's wife was named Sally? He had 3 sons named John,Josiah,
James. He also had a daughter named Elizabeth. His mother lived with them
and her name was Sandra? I think. At that time The place they lived was
called
Popular Springs.So if anybody in the Tallapoosa Co. area has any information
please let me hear from you. Sarah Jane died in 1936 and was buried in
Goldville at Bethal Baptist Church. I don't know where GG-Gdad was buried. I
imagine up in that area.

Thanks
Lily McCarley
Lanett, AL.