SISSON-L Archives

Archiver > SISSON > 2002-10 > 1035687502

From: shamiller3 <>
Subject: Re: [SISSON-L] Thomas Sisson Sr. of Virginia
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:03:05 -0400

I have heard about this Thomas being born in Nottingham many times, but have
never seen the evidence for it.

Interesting that your DNA matches the Sissons of the Northern Neck (Robert,
etc). I was in Richmond County this week and found a will witnessed by a
Thomas Sisson in 1712. This is the first reference to a Thomas living there
at that time that I've come across.

The website does show William Sisson Jr being the father of William III,
Thomas and Jane. However, if you do the math, this is not possible. In
addition, I think that William Jr has been found in Charles Co Maryland, and
the three children named are not his.

However, Thomas in Richmond Co in 1712 could have been the son of William
Sr. This would make him a brother of William Jr and of Bryan and Henry. My
line descends from Bryan and matches your DNA. Steven is 99.9% certain that
he descends from William Jr. and his DNA matches yours.

These clues seem to point to Thomas of 1712 being a son of William Sr. who
went to Brunswick and Surry from Richmond instead of from Nottingham.

We have two DNA participants whose documentation leads to Thomas, but
whose test results more closely match Richard of New England. As more DNA
results are processed for descendants of Thomas, this may become clearer.

Sharon Miller