SIZEMORE-L Archives

Archiver > SIZEMORE > 2012-05 > 1335881472

From: ,
Subject: Re: [SIZEMORE] Moody family
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 14:11:12 -0000

Author: Joyce_Stillians
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.sizemore/1303.596.606.615.1.1.3.10/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My Moodys are also from TX and OK. Andrew E Moody b(1869 or 1871) married to Sopha Octrana Flowers. (Velerana ) They had a daughter Marie that was born in TX around 1899.Other children were Roy, clifford, Anita Ina, Ida, Florence. On the 1910 census they are in OK (indian territory). My grandmother was Florence Moody. She told me they were Cherokee and Choctaw, but we have been unable to prove. Some census reports lists their parents as born in Mexico. Others list TX. I have death certificates which do not match the dates that are on their tombstones. I have reached a dead end also. I can not locate Andrew or Sopha's parents and they disappear prior to the 1910 census. I do have a roll number given to my aunt from my grandmother Florence Moody. The roll number appears to be Osage. I have someone with the Osage tribe that is trying to research. I have learned that only about 30% of the Indians were counted on the Indian Rolls.

Important Note: