SLAGHT-L Archives

Archiver > SLAGHT > 2003-11 > 1068106384

Subject: Re: job slaght, relatives in Canada, link to NJ Slaght
Date: 6 Nov 2003 01:13:38 -0700

Surnames: Slaght, Slecht, Slack, etc
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/0NIBAIB/73.1.2.1.3.1

Message Board Post:

Yes,
I am sure there is a link, but the family legend is very likely off base.
George Slaght is likely a descendant of Hendrick Slaght and Anna Sutton who owned a plantation Mercer County, NJ; some of his sons were loyalist and emigrated to Canada, where they did receive royal land grants as a reward for their loyalty to Britain.
If you know George's parents, I can probably link you to his ancestors, back to 1400s Holland. Interesting family.

This thread: