SLAVEN-SLAVEY-L Archives

Archiver > SLAVEN-SLAVEY > 1997-08 > 0871352517

From: Robert Slavey <>
Subject: Slaven's and County Tyrone, Ulster, Ireland
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 97 19:21:57 -0700

On 8/1/97 2:32 PM, () wrote:

>I am searching through files and found a family group sheet that Joe
>Correll, who wrote articles for Slaven newsletters:
>
>William E. Slavin born County Tyrone, Ulster, Ireland
>Bought Land in Iredell Co NC 1755. Tax list 1755, 1758
>Married in Lancaster, PA.

>d will dated 1762 1767 Estate Settlement. Wm E. Slavan, dec'd to the widow
>
>Wife Isabel Luckie b. before 1740
>her father Robert Luckie will 1754 Martin TWP Lancaster Pa and wife Rebecca
>Sons Hugh, John, Andrew, James, Robert, Samuel and a sister Ann
>
>Their children:

>William A: b. Aug 1754 (in 1790 census) m. before 1779 Jean and he died
>1782.
>He was a sadler and he was bound out to Richard Graham 1767 to 1774 at age
>21.
>JO SPECULATED THAT RICHARD MIGHT BE THE SON OF WILLIAM A. AND RICHARD WAS
>NAMED FOR RICHARD GRAHAM.
>
>Samuel: American Rev War Blacksmith moved to Beckely Co WVA beore Aug 1775
>
>John: b 1757 Amer Rev War m Elizabeth Graham ca 1780 d 1851 Garrard Co Ky,
>moved before 1753 to Blount Summit Counties, AL and Garrard Co KY Tax list
>
>Sarah: m. John Carson 1775
>
>Ann: m. Thomas Penry

What do you think about the above information? There was also John Slavin
that married Elizabeth Stuart. He is thought to have been born in County
Tyrone, Ulster, Ireland.

Would one be correct in making the connection that William E. Slavin and
John Slavin (who married Elizabeth Graham) are brothers?

--
Robert SLAVEY
E-mail:

Currently researching in Kentucky and Tennessee
SLAVEN, SLAVEY, SLAVY, MOUNTS, HATFIELD, SLOAN, DEWEESE

This thread: