SMOOT-L Archives

Archiver > SMOOT > 1999-09 > 0936646966

From: "Fredric Z. Saunders" <>
Subject: [SMOOT] Smoot in NC
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 13:42:46 -0600

Hi Heather,

If you check this archived message from the SMOOT list:

you will see that Steve Smoot lists that James SMOOT of Wilkes County had no sons.

Can you give us more information on the John Smoot, age 50, born NC that you list? What was his wife's name? You state most were born in NC. What were the names, ages, and birthplaces of his children, so we can get an idea when he moved from NC to TN.

My SMOOT family was in Rowan (now Davie) County, NC. There are several men named John SMOOT. I can't identify any as yours, unless the age given for yours in 1850 is incorrect. That's why we need more information on his family.

Rick Saunders

This thread: